• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (A) Build Up

Easy win for Leeds here, we don't look bothered now we're just about safe, tend to go on long runs of $#@! form and still have Costa out injured.

Burgoyne

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Marshall Cavaleiro Gibbs-White

Weimann​

No chance that will be the team though. Edwards will start because... I have no idea why? Doherty will start instead of Silvio and one of Bod/Dicko will start instead of MGW with Weimann pushed out onto the wing where he's super effective.

I too think we will get battered at Leeds, however am I the only one who is feeling a little uncomfortable about the fact everyone feels we are safe. I cant see us getting any more than three points from the remaining games and after Fridays rubbish we may not get another point if we play like that. We lost five on the bounce recently against absolute rubbish whats to say we wontl do the same again because make no bones about it this wolves team is as bad as I can remember. I have looked at other teams run ins and I try not to get too carried away that the likes of Blackburn, Forest, Burton Blues etc could get enough points to overtake us does anyone else feel the same or is someone on here can do the stats and stop me worrying after all this is wolves we never do it easy remember the Albion blow up eleven points in front and we cock it up

Blues need five points from their final four games to overhaul us even if we lose every game. Don't think they'll be doing that.

Plus if we beat Blackburn we are safe regardless.

There are still 6 sides below us before we enter the dreaded relegation zone, as we have a better goal difference 1 or 2 will need to win every game to the season end. Don't see that happening, so still expect us to be safe.

Is that acceptable - no of course it's not, but don't have the same fears that you have.

I suppose its a Wolves thing just hope we aren't being complacent

Leeds were very poor at Newcastle and should have lost by a hatful. I presume they will be a different proposition at Elland Road, but I think we might be able to get a point, though it does depend on the attitude of the players.

Skybet aren't even giving a price for us to go down. QPR who are below us are 250/1. If you want a comfort bet then they'll probably give you the same odds.

I'm well aware this team will never happen. But I've had enough of the absolute shite masquerading as footballers in our squad. I'd rather at least try to learn something.

-------------Burgoyne--------------

Marshall---Johnson---Hause----Silvio

----------Herc----Gibbs-White--------

----Zyro------Cavaleiro------Costa-----

--------------Wilson---------------------

2016/17: L 0-1 (H)
2015/16: L 2-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2014/15: W 4-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 3-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, FAC)

Seeing "Johnson" in the heart of our defensive lineup genuinely sent shards of fear through my heart!

Ikeme may be out for remainder of season according to Tim II, Costa may be back today

Wilson, Bright etc all on u23 squad for their game today. I really want us to win so we can give them
All a run for rest of season

No Silvio so fingers crossed he is being picked today.

Odd that we have put Wilson back in the U23's. Only reason would be Costa is back and we are using the Ivan, Costa, Marshall & Weimann front 4 with Bod/Dicko the subs.

Not sure why Wilson has been demoted back to U23's for what is effectively a meaningless game seeing as they have already qualified for the playoffs. Especially as they have Ennis, Bright, Zyro and the Duck travelling too.

If Costa plays does that mean he's staying?

I just wish he'd call, im going out of my mind trying to understand what we have, is it just a fling? Or something more serious

We need to know if Williamson is worth another contract, from what I have seen of him I think he is so I hope he does start. Sounds like Silvio will be involved too, ironically wasn't his last game against Leeds?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We need to know if Williamson is worth another contract, from what I have seen of him I think he is so I hope he does start. Sounds like Silvio will be involved too, ironically wasn't his last game against Leeds?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yep. He played quite well, scored an own goal after Doherty shat the bed and then broke his foot.

Back