• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (A) Build Up

Wow that's utter garbage.

Lonergan

Coady
Willo
Stearman
Doherty

Saville
Saiss

Weimann
Edwards
Marshall

Dicko

$#@!ing trash.

I've just looked at the bench at there isn't a great deal to inspire on there either.
Burgoyne, Iorfa(from nowhere) Hause(who should be starting) Evans, Price, MGW, Bod

Maybe this is a "look how many players we need to sign" team

I can see nothing other than a loss and Chris Wood to get at least one goal and that's me being positive!

It's neither good or experimental. It's just plain $#@!.

That's the bit I don't understand. It's shades of Jackett's last few games where he knew he was toast.

I can only think Lambert has been told he's gone at the end of the season and he's taking the piss.

Let's run through it shall we:

Lonergan: Let in an absolutely pathetic goal on Friday, dubious effort for the other one, made 0 saves, has no long term future here...so why is he playing ahead of a youngster

Coady: Can't fault his effort while playing out of position but Iorfa is clearly available again after whatever his issues were as he's on the bench...so pick an actual RB there

Williamson/Stearman: Ok, one of them had to play realistically as Batth is out. Although I'd have played Johnson with Hause (dropped after one error following two months of good form?) as neither of those pair will be here next season

Doherty: When his #1 fan in Britney is calling him out as a half-arsed shitehawk, you know he has no business being anywhere near the team. On the wrong side. Silvio is allegedly fit again so should have played

Saiss: Surprised he's in actually. Thought he'd be the fall guy. I'm not sold on him but there you go Paul, you can have a tick for playing him.

Saville: Out of contract in a few weeks while Lee Evans, recipient of a 3.5 year deal recently, is on the bench.

Marshall: No issues there

Edwards: Has he not seen enough of him at #10 to know that he offers NOTHING in that role? Isn't even a goal threat from that position

Weimann: The one player we've had all season who has looked good up front and a genuine goal threat. Has played out wide a lot, he has had one good game there (at Anfield) and the rest he has offered zero in an attacking sense. So let's play him wide

Dicko: I don't like having a go at Nouha but he's had opportunities this season and not taken them. Lambert says he won't be any good until he has a pre-season. Why is he playing while we've sent Wilson to play in a dead U23s game? At least it's not Bodvarsson controlling the ball straight out of play I suppose

Absolutely barmy selection, I can't even fathom what he's thinking. It's not even set up for us to contain.

Lonergan: Let in an absolutely pathetic goal on Friday, dubious effort for the other one, made 0 saves, has no long term future here...so why is he playing ahead of a youngster

Coady: Can't fault his effort while playing out of position but Iorfa is clearly available again after whatever his issues were as he's on the bench...so pick an actual RB there

Williamson/Stearman: Ok, one of them had to play realistically as Batth is out. Although I'd have played Johnson with Hause (dropped after one error following two months of good form?) as neither of those pair will be here next season

Doherty: When his #1 fan in Britney is calling him out as a half-arsed $#@!ehawk, you know he has no business being anywhere near the team. On the wrong side. Silvio is allegedly fit again so should have played

Saiss: Surprised he's in actually. Thought he'd be the fall guy. I'm not sold on him but there you go Paul, you can have a tick for playing him.

Saville: Out of contract in a few weeks while Lee Evans, recipient of a 3.5 year deal recently, is on the bench.

Edwards: Has he not seen enough of him at #10 to know that he offers NOTHING in that role? Isn't even a goal threat from that position

Weimann: The one player we've had all season who has looked good up front and a genuine goal threat. Has played out wide a lot, he has had one good game there (at Anfield) and the rest he has offered zero in an attacking sense. So let's play him wide

Dicko: I don't like having a go at Nouha but he's had opportunities this season and not taken them. Lambert says he won't be any good until he has a pre-season. Why is he playing while we've sent Wilson to play in a dead U23s game? At least it's not Bodvarsson controlling the ball straight out of play I suppose

Absolutely barmy selection, I can't even fathom what he's thinking. It's not even set up for us to contain.

Absolutely spot on DW

Weimann said himself in an interview on WM that he's not a fan of playing out wide and would rather be up front.

Lonergan, Coady, Doherty, Edwards... just fuck the cunting fuck off.

Not listening or making any effort to follow this game while absolute dross like that are polluting our starting 11.

Lambert needs to have a long, hard look at himself.

Doherty: When his #1 fan in Britney is calling him out as a half-arsed $#@!ehawk, you know he has no business being anywhere near the team. On the wrong side. Silvio is allegedly fit again so should have played

Spot on, absolutely spot on

After seeing that team, I might have a cheeky bet on a Leeds win.

Was going to sit down & listen to this as have been digging & planting all morning - now I've seen the team really not sure I can be bothered

I would ask why this team, but the answer would be unfathomable so I won't bother

Wilson scores for the U23s again today... almost like he's worthy of a chance by now surely

Indication from Player commentary that Weimann playing in the 10 role with Saville on the left

Better that Weimann is not out wide, but poor to put Saville back there again

(whether this info is accurate is another matter as their record is not that good)

Indication from Player commentary that Weimann playing in the 10 role with Saville on the left

Better that Weimann is not out wide, but poor to put Saville back there again

(whether this info is accurate is another matter as their record is not that good)

We're gonna be lethal down the left flank then... :surrendered:

PS - Id rather have kept Hause in then Wiliamson, drop Stearman over to the right side..

Saville on the left? It's almost like we've never tried that before and it didn't work.

Not very dangerous Dave is probably due a goal though, to convince everyone he's brilliant again.

Oh good Player drops out even before kick off - hopefully that continues

Back