• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

I thought Bluebrick was the only place away fans were allowed to go?

I've taken away fan mates in the Great Western, never an issue if not wearing colours or acting the idiot.

I had read somewhere The Bluebrick is not open anymore?

I've taken away fan mates in the Great Western, never an issue if not wearing colours or acting the idiot.

Yep, I believe it closed last month as a pub and is now only open to hotel residents.

No idea where they're putting away fans instead. The Prince Albert has been used in the past. Years ago it was Walkabout but that closed ages ago too.

As always, the best place for away fans to drink before a Wolves match is Birmingham. Especially so if you're travelling in from the south.

Sunday was the first time in a long time they have asked me to show my ticket before coming in.

I think you may still get away with taking in away fan mates if you went in first and show the bouncer your card.

May have just been first game of the season but they had definitely stepped it up on Sunday.

Still baffles me how home and away fans can't in certain pubs mingle sensibly in Wolverhampton? There's plenty of pubs we visit on away days, where we turn up, ask if a couple of seats are free on a table and then spend a couple of hours moaning with the home fans about how shit each of our teams are.

Still baffles me how home and away fans can't in certain pubs mingle sensibly in Wolverhampton? There's plenty of pubs we visit on away days, where we turn up, ask if a couple of seats are free on a table and then spend a couple of hours moaning with the home fans about how shit each of our teams are.
Was generally fine until about 2007 I seem to remember. Then that pack of wankers from Ashton Gate caused a load of trouble in the city centre and the pubs pretty much blanket banned them. More trouble than it's worth.

We also have the issue that all the pubs get too busy now anyway, we have fewer places open than we had when we were averaging 22,000 through the gate in the Championship. So thousands more trying to get a drink and everywhere gets crammed. Add away fans to that and it's unworkable.

I don't mind talking to away fans providing they aren't knobheads, though I draw the line at spending a fucking hour chatting to them as Paddy did once when we were fucking waiting for him to buy his round...

• Haha
Reactions: SSB
I don't mind talking to away fans providing they aren't knobheads, though I draw the line at spending a fucking hour chatting to them as Paddy did once when we were fucking waiting for him to buy his round...
:ROFLMAO:

Sunday was the first time in a long time they have asked me to show my ticket before coming in.
First time ever, I had to show my ticket to get into the Fanzone, what's that all about?

I did notice much more stringent checks by the stewards to access the ground which made for bigger queues

First time ever, I had to show my ticket to get into the Fanzone, what's that all about?
Probably linked to there being no designated away pub. They wouldn't have wanted a load of beer seeking Chelsea fans drinking next to the South Bank.

Probably linked to there being no designated away pub. They wouldn't have wanted a load of beer seeking Chelsea fans drinking next to the South Bank.
I'd agree with you if there wasn't chelsea fans in there :D

• Haha
Reactions: SSB
Back