• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
In the first half last night finishing was the problem not creating. Afobe had 4 good chances, should have scored at least 2 of them. In the last 10 minutes we had numerous good positions, but the final poor invariably from Graham (goal aside) was poor and went into the keeper's arms. Batth seemed in the way rather than being helpful when he was thrown up.

Most pundits and analysts are thick as $#@! and say money is always the answer. The two best players in the Premier League right now cost less than Conor Coady.

Those two are Jamie Vardy and Riyhad Mayhrez. It turns out they just needed a good manager.

Yes and they come along all the time dont they? This is the first time in pretty much 20 years that an unknown team is right up there and we are now saying it as if it always happens. It doesnt. You have to buy depth aad you have to invest both in experience and in youth. We have not got the depth but we have a promising youth side and u21 that will be a great asset to the club in league one. You cannot defend the indefensible and our recruitment policy, investment and management this season are all indefensible

Enough is enough of this charade, Kenny Jackett is not capable of taking this club forward!

Sako, Dicko and more recently Afobe have masked the man's tactical inadequacies by scoring frequently enough but with the loss of two of them, the blind faith in the utter joke of a defender he's instilled as captain, the mind-boggling perseverence in playing a system to cater for the man Edwards- whose had contract after bloody contract despite numerous injuries during his Wolves career- and the clear inability to react when these consequences go from bad to absolutely dire are evidence enough to me that he should be removed from his post immediately!

Morgan, and Moxey might not have dealt with the financial input into the squad adequately enough but they sure as hell didn't decide they needed a dozen midfielders above any other type of player, and I'll bet my flat they don't pick the sodding team week in week out!!!!

Nobody is defending the recruitment policy. I have probably been the most vehemently critical if anything. But this obsession with spending money makes people look stupid, did the PL and Tongo Doumbia teach you anything?

It's getting the right quality off and on the pitch. The current management can't buy in the championship and have never been able to at any point in their careers. They just don't have the quality.

On Vardy and Mahrez; they were both at bottom feeding Leicester last Xmas. Different manager though. You can add Bojan to that list too - same price as Nathan Byrne.

If you dont load a gun it cant be fired. We created little despite Grahams efforts. 3 shots on target at home against a team who started below us? We dont create enough and havent done at home all season.

Surely the manager is to blame for that? He has enough creative players at his disposal, he just isn't using them correctly.

It doesn't help KJ when down the road at blues you have a manager working with a difficult situation and even more limited resources and Rowett is getting far more out of his squad.
Is KJ getting 100% out of this squad? Certainly not and questions have to be asked why?

Got off the fence on the "out" side. If I was Grant Holt I'd be on the phone begging to be recalled. We're chasing the game and lumping balls into the box and KJ puts Coady on and pushes Batth up front. If KJ has no intention of playing Holt why have him on the fucking bench instead of someone like Bright? Just moronic managment.

I do sometimes wonder whether Holt was brought in for what he might offer off the pitch with experience etc. Not dissimilar to Graham Stack in 08/09.

I can't see any logical footballing reason why he's here.

Jackett gets more respect than his achievements deserve. He was appointed to a league 1 side with parachute money and players in the squad who were clearly better than league 1. Getting out of league 1 should have been within the reach of any half decent manager.

His pre and post match interviews are bland and repetitive.

He has a plan A. There are 26 letters in the alphabet, Jackett ignores the other 25.

Last season was decent enough but was reliant on a goal scoring spree from one of the few successful signings, Afobe. Golbourne and McDonald being the others. A rather long list of players who have come to the club and either shown themselves as not good enough or have never been given the chance is ample evidence of poor transfer dealings.

Compared to Mick McCarthy, Kenny Jackett is a distant cousin of a poor relative.

(Not directed solely at you TSB) I hate this "Kenny did what was expected by getting us up and winning the league doing it" well, there was plenty on here who when he came in said they would settle for play offs/maybe even just top half if it meant the overpaid shit left. So I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he did in that season. Can't be bothered to find the thread but someone feel free to.

(Not directed solely at you TSB) I hate this "Kenny did what was expected by getting us up and winning the league doing it" well, there was plenty on here who when he came in said they would settle for play offs/maybe even just top half if it meant the overpaid shit left. So I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he did in that season. Can't be bothered to find the thread but someone feel free to.

He did a superb job of steadying the ship and turning things around - and we were extremely close to an impressive play off position last season.

However - whilst I'm not in the 'out' camp, I don't think it's fair to use what happened in L1 as an argument to keep him now. People are concerned that he can't take us any further, not about what he did in a league that I can't see us returning to. I don't think things are as bad as that.

Also, many people I know from this forum who want him sacked also respect him and appreciate what he's done for us which is fair enough IMO.

Morgan and Moxey have always been about timing. KJ will go when it suits their agenda. A new manager now would mean transfers and money to spend in January. I think they are trying to hold on, but results might force their hand.

I think a lot of this would have been masked had he kept Stearman.

(Not directed solely at you TSB) I hate this "Kenny did what was expected by getting us up and winning the league doing it" well, there was plenty on here who when he came in said they would settle for play offs/maybe even just top half if it meant the overpaid $#@! left. So I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he did in that season. Can't be bothered to find the thread but someone feel free to.

That's fine - I accept that some people think Jackett achieved a minor miracle getting that Wolves side promoted. The players he had at his disposal and the money available to him was a real handicap. I think his achievements that season have been over inflated. He had a significant advantage over every other manager in that league and capitalised on it.

I think a lot of this would have been masked had he kept Stearman.

I still don't think he wanted Stearman to go and this is about money and whoever sold Stearman really pissed Jackett off and I don't think he or the team has ever recovered. I'm not saying Stears is the best defender in the world but just that he was a key player in the success of the team and had formed a good partnership with Batth.

Of course this is tin hat stuff and just my theory.

I still don't think he wanted Stearman to go and this is about money and whoever sold Stearman really pissed Jackett off and I don't think he or the team has ever recovered. I'm not saying Stears is the best defender in the world but just that he was a key player in the success of the team and had formed a good partnership with Batth.

Of course this is tin hat stuff and just my theory.

I agree, I don't think getting rid of Stearman was Jackett's doing at all.

That's fine - I accept that some people think Jackett achieved a minor miracle getting that Wolves side promoted. The players he had at his disposal and the money available to him was a real handicap. I think his achievements that season have been over inflated. He had a significant advantage over every other manager in that league and capitalised on it.

To me Kenny Jackett is like Jeremy Vine on Strictly, you know he gives 100% but there are obvious limitations.

No and Batth was close to returning to the team. As it was he was rushed back in, unfair on him, because we sold Stearman. We would have had our first choice pairing back together who had done well the previous season. Iorfa-Batth-Stearman-Golbourne fit and playing well are a very good back four at this level.

Hause is very good back up, and if KJ felt he wanted to keep playing him because he rates him then bench one of Batth/Stearman, he did it last season with Stearman and he came back and performed fantastically well. It's just odd.

To me Kenny Jackett is like Jeremy Vine on Strictly, you know he gives 100% but there are obvious limitations.

Urgh. Comparing Wolves to that shit stain of a TV show? Has it really come to this? Things must be bad.

Back