• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

It is all making my brain melt.

We are nearly there though.

4th and 5th in Ukraine to be officially sorted. Dutch playoffs. Austrian playoffs. Montenegrin Cup Final. Mechelen court case. And of course whether Arsenal are in or make the champions league. I think that is all that is left.

Do we get more money if it's only two English teams in there?

Because we get prize money for winning games (like everyone, it's centralised) and then extra on top which is based on how much TV companies (by country) paid UEFA for the rights. The UK being pretty much top of that tree of course. So if it's split two ways rather than three...

I hadn't realised that. Interesting point. Balances out who we support tomorrow night I guess. Although, personally, I want the seeding in the playoff round if at all possible. I want the best chance of getting to the group stages and a playoff against Roma would be blessed difficult. I would still fancy us to have a great chance, but all in all, would rather be playing someone like Thun or Austria Vienna.

Rapid won that play off (if that’s the one you were talking about Paddy) so they’re in. Utrecht lead Vitesse in the Eredivisie play off.

Can we play Utrecht? That would be brilliant, could 100% wangle a trip to the office to coincide.

Think they would go in same round as us but depends if they’d be seeded I guess. I have friends there so one I’ve been looking out for as well.

Rapid won that play off (if that’s the one you were talking about Paddy) so they’re in. Utrecht lead Vitesse in the Eredivisie play off.

Impressive. Especially as the semi-final between Mattersburg and Rapid isn't until today (which I guess they have won), and then they have the final over 2 legs against Sturm Graz on 30 May and 2nd June.

Fair enough, just going by what livescore put. They won 2-0 today and there were no further fixtures mentioned.

This is very interesting. Very complicated. I can't pretend to understand half of it, but thanks for the updates.

Utrecht have a coefficient of 6.486. They would definitely be seeded for the second qualifying round when they would join us. I don't think they will be seeded for round three so we could draw them at that point.

BTW, should they turn it round, Wiki reckons that Vitesse would have a coefficient of 6.000. That is nonsense. 6.486 is the national coefficient for the Netherlands (well a fifth of it - that national is 29 and bits), and you get that unless your club coefficient is higher.

Fair enough, just going by what livescore put. They won 2-0 today and there were no further fixtures mentioned.

No worries. If you didn't know about the final it would look done. I expect them to find Sturm Graz a tough one. Sturm had a better season, finishing fifth in the top section, whereas Rapid won the bottom section, but much of a muchness I guess. Worth keeping an eye on for Thursday and Saturday.

Sorry if I sounded a bit snappy there.

Anyway. Austria have some ACE team names. Always like Sturm Graz and Admira Wacker.

No worries. If you didn't know about the final it would look done. I expect them to find Sturm Graz a tough one. Sturm had a better season, finishing fifth in the top section, whereas Rapid won the bottom section, but much of a muchness I guess. Worth keeping an eye on for Thursday and Saturday.

Sorry if I sounded a bit snappy there.

Anyway. Austria have some ACE team names. Always like Sturm Graz and Admira Wacker.

No problem at all mate, enjoyed following your updates on this. I know how the Eredivisie play off works because I follow the league a little bit but everything else I’m completely dependent on what Livescore tells me!

Funny you mentioned Thun earlier, my folks are there today. Messaged my dad and said we could play these next season.

Sad to see that your forum confirms my fears that you can't move a match into a different FA for capacity. I had images of Rangers drawing a Gibraltar side and the match getting switched to the Stadium of the Algarve like they did when Gibraltar played the Germans. You lot could have invaded Faro and Albufueira.

Sad to see that your forum confirms my fears that you can't move a match into a different FA for capacity. I had images of Rangers drawing a Gibraltar side and the match getting switched to the Stadium of the Algarve like they did when Gibraltar played the Germans. You lot could have invaded Faro and Albufueira.
Does that explain why the North League of Wales teams no longer play in Wrexham (same country but Wrexham play in the English league)

Yes I think it does. So everyone to Rhyl.

Changed a couple of years ago apparently. These chaps on the Gers forum know more than me. I was fucking eight when we played Eindhoven!!

Yeah the rule changed recently, look out for RangerAl’s post he’s super knowledgeable about UEFA competitions.

We have a lot of really knowledgeable guys on our forum and I genuinely don’t use anything else for football news. If it’s important enough it’ll be posted there.

Sarri news just breaking now, Ashley selling Newcastle from Sunday all posted within mins of appearing on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Europa League FC Utrecht.

Advocaat manager there, btw.

Are their fans still absolute fucking nutters?

Yes I think it does. So everyone to Rhyl.

Changed a couple of years ago apparently. These chaps on the Gers forum know more than me. I was fucking eight when we played Eindhoven!!
Wonder if Cardiff Met Uni will play their games at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Cant imagine their own pitch is up to UEFA standards. Love that a Uni team is in Europe...a team where the players have to pay to play.

Back