• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

We are all Arsenal fans for the final by the look of it. They win and we should be just seeded. Should we make the group stages, initial suggestions are that we would be in Pot 4, and AC Milan are going in to Pot 3.

Do you lads want group stages? Evidence suggests it has a negative effect on your season. I’d assume from a fans point of view yes but would the club field a strong team every game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a load of bunk that it impacts on your season tbf.

It's a load of bunk that it impacts on your season tbf.

You reckon? Thursday/Sunday is a big ask I get there’s the Wednesday/Saturday however there’s occasions where they get the extra day off.

I think you’d notice a difference

You reckon? Thursday/Sunday is a big ask I get there’s the Wednesday/Saturday however there’s occasions where they get the extra day off.

I think you’d notice a difference

For the good of everyones sanity including your own don't go there PLEEEEASE

We have been on Sundays something like 15 times this season because of TV anyway.

For the good of everyones sanity including your own don't go there PLEEEEASE

I know it opens a can of worms but trust me I’ve witnessed it first hand and we’re playing teams like Hamilton and Motherwell not potentially big 5/6 in Premier League.

8 of which 2 were Cup games and one the final game of the season, so only 5 league games were moved to Sundays

I know it opens a can of worms but trust me I’ve witnessed it first hand and we’re playing teams like Hamilton and Motherwell not potentially big 5/6 in Premier League.

It's just that discussion has been done to death on here and people are fairly entrenched in their position. Basically you either go on historical fact that EL teams don't statistically drop off by more than a place or two the following season or we have a small squad that will struggle to cope with Thursday/Sunday football as rested players will still more than likely travel even if they don't play.

I think the key to it is to have a slightly bigger squad to cope with the workload. I am sure we will be working on that throughout the transfer window.

Equally, you can never predict the likely effect until the fixtures for the Premier League are out. Obviously it would be less than ideal to be going to Arsenal immediately after a Europa game in somewhere like Almaty. Especially as I can see us giving Arsenal real problems again next season and that game at the Emirates would be a hard fought battle with all three outcomes a possibility.

whoever it is, bring em on. we have to beat them all to win it anyway, and i ain't scared of anyone.

By the way, is there still a fair play position awarded to someone?

Quick note on seedings

We absolutely do not want Rapid Vienna winning the Austrian playoffs. Their coefficient is something like 23.500, while Sturm Graz and Mattersburg are around 6ish.

No news on the Mechelen ruling yet.

It is all making my brain melt.

We are nearly there though.

4th and 5th in Ukraine to be officially sorted. Dutch playoffs. Austrian playoffs. Montenegrin Cup Final. Mechelen court case. And of course whether Arsenal are in or make the champions league. I think that is all that is left.

In Ukraine - I said it would be a fairly momumental turnaround to swap Zorya Luhansk and Mariupol. Maybe not. 3 points difference. Drew their first game. The side currently in fifth is at home in the final league game. Against the team in fourth. Head to head counts in Ukraine before goal difference.

One to follow online on Thursday evening.

Back