• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

36 in October.

Nine years since we signed him!

We are waiting until Thursday for the end of the Ukranian League but bar a huge turnaround it is going to be Zorya Luhansk into the third quali, and FC Mariupol into second quali.

In all countries there will be 'good bits' & 'crap places' - just have to hope that whatever we draw it's the former really.

Don’t get me wrong it was good, the beer was cheap and I’d much rather visit those places than an established tourist city.

Skopje in Macedonia really surprised me, the pub we were in were selling 70 CL bottles of vodka for £12 with mixers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the English rate european cities based on the price of drinks in the pub.
Stockholm? Fucking bullshit, 7 pounds a pint. Nis, Serbia? Brilliant mate, 90p pints, 1 pound 20 for 50ml hard liquor

Only the English rate european cities based on the price of drinks in the pub.
Stockholm? Fucking bullshit, 7 pounds a pint. Nis, Serbia? Brilliant mate, 90p pints, 1 pound 20 for 50ml hard liquor
Think you'll find the Scottish man made that assessment.

Could Sparta moving out of the qualifiers be enough for us to be seeded in the last round before the groups?

It is going to be very tight. Could do with Malmo and Steaua crashing out to be safe.

How many teams get seeded in the last round? If it’s half surely we are fine?

13. We are probably okay but we are fifth in the second round standings, there are three teams in the first round with better coefficients, and at least three in the third round. Plus there are three champions league drop outs to take into account who could also have high coefficients

I may be wrong but I believe we will Be 14th regardless.

We will be 12th in the list. And then 2 or 3 CL losers still sees us in 14th as one will take Sparta Prague’s spot if it is the latter.

It doesn’t matter who beats who because if an unseeded team beats a seeded team then they take their coefficient (placing them above us)

Last edited:
The only thing I am not sure of is whether that rule roles over. So an unseeded team in the second round takes the seeded teams position for the third round. Whether they maintain that position for the playoff round isn’t clear.

If not then we could be in luck.

We have to back ourselves whatever. I don't fear anyone.

I’d Back us against anyone.

Further research (I’m sad), shows that Kairat beat AZ in the 2nd round. Kairat took AZs seeding for the 3rd round but then drew Sevilla in the playoff (they lost the 3rd round Anyway), so can’t have been seeded.

AZ had a coefficient of 30ish so definitely would have had a seed the whole way through.

Defeats to seeded teams in the 3rd round won’t help us as the play off draw will have already taken place, but defeats to higher seeds in the second round will push us up the list.

We are all Arsenal fans for the final by the look of it. They win and we should be just seeded. Should we make the group stages, initial suggestions are that we would be in Pot 4, and AC Milan are going in to Pot 3.

This thread is now making my head hurt ��. I think I'll just wait for the draw(s)

Back