• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Metro it is then

That's gonna be sweaty
Check the Metro is running. It wasn’t earlier.

*SERVICE UPDATE* Trams are operating between Wednesbury Great Western Street and Wolverhampton St George's only. There is no service between Wednesbury Great Western Street and Grand Central, Birmingham.

Hope those going get there alright then. Forgot to add Premier Sports to my virgin package and now looks like it won't actually activate before kickoff, based on what I've read online. And that is gutting enough so can't imagine how missing the game in person will feel for those affected by the travel issues.

Competitive fixture
Sell out crowd
Thursday evening
in JULY!!!

In all our history this literally has to be a first. Still finding it difficult to grasp. It's about as likely as Wolverhampton being hotter than South Texas in July......
... and due to a strong 'cold' front today's high here is expected to be only 33.

38.1 in Cambridge at 330!

Hope those going get there alright then. Forgot to add Premier Sports to my virgin package and now looks like it won't actually activate before kickoff, based on what I've read online. And that is gutting enough so can't imagine how missing the game in person will feel for those affected by the travel issues.

Ah, balls... Was waiting till I knew I'd definitely be in before signing up. I will be in, but looks like I've left it too late...

I know it's not the same (unless you have a laptop and an HDMI cable I guess) but looks like you can watch Premier Sports online as well: https://www.premierplayer.tv/

I bought it and it was on within 1 minute. Just so I can record and re watch it (plus next week). How sad

Teams in
59eae19d070c2ede64458f3564bbb011.jpg

Time for a bit of extra info in here about teams dropping into the Europa in this week's fixtures

These are all in the Champions path
Maccabi Tel Aviv
HJK Helsinki
Nomme Kalju (twatted by Celtic)
Sutjeska Niksik (me neither)
Saburtalo Tbilisi (I assume Dynamo's little brother)
Valletta FC
NK Maribor - tell a lie this isn't done yet. Maribor are losing in extra time.
Dundalk
BATE Borisov

Vitora Plzen and PSV Eindhoven have dropped into the main path

Maribor went through on away goals so AIK have dropped into the Europa. So have TNS.

If we progress to the next round, could we draw Dundalk in the next round?

That would be even handier for me to get to for the away leg!

Nope. We could get them in the group stage though if we both qualify.

As Dan says - they are in the Champions side so no chance until group stages.

So Crusaders play in red and black stripes, black shorts, black socks. Almost like we need a third strip tonight. Like green shirts, white shorts, red socks...

Some early results:

FC Astana 4 - 1 Santa Coloma (4-1 agg)
Ordabasy 2 - 3 Mlada Boleslav (3-4 agg)
Kairat 1 - 1 Hapoel Be'er Sheva (1-3 agg)
Viitorul Constanta 2 - 1 KAA Gent (5-7 agg - sounds quite a tie!)

Legia Warsaw have scraped through 1-0 on aggregate
More comfortable for Zorya Luhansk with a 4-1 aggregate win

Looks like we're off to *checks results* Armenia!

Fun facts about Pyunik that I totally knew and didn't just look up

-Founded in 1992
-Most decorated team in Armenian football history
-Stadium holds 14k
-Mkhitaryan used to play for them

It means we are away in Armenia three days before our opening game against Leicester too. Not ideal.

Back