• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

So the draw is on Monday for the 3rd round...there’s a chance you can draw us (Rangers) as you’ve been grouped with us as we’re unseeded.

6 AEK Larnaca FC (CYP) / PFC Levski Sofia (BUL)
7 FC Pyunik (ARM) / FK Jablonec (CZE)
8 FC DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda (SVK) / Atromitos FC (GRE)
9 Rangers FC (SCO) / FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)
10 FC Mariupol (UKR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the draw is on Monday for the 3rd round...there’s a chance you can draw us (Rangers) as you’ve been grouped with us as we’re unseeded.

6 AEK Larnaca FC (CYP) / PFC Levski Sofia (BUL)
7 FC Pyunik (ARM) / FK Jablonec (CZE)
8 FC DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda (SVK) / Atromitos FC (GRE)
9 Rangers FC (SCO) / FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)
10 FC Mariupol (UKR)

No offence but for both of us I hope we avoid you. 6, 7 or 8 please

No offence but for both of us I hope we avoid you. 6, 7 or 8 please

I’d like to avoid you lads too obviously I’d want us both in the group stages, we’re unseeded so our possibilities are:

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (ENG) / Crusaders FC (NIR)
2 Legia Warszawa (POL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
3 KAA Gent (BEL) / FC Viitorul (ROU)
4 FC Midtjylland (DEN)
5 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / BK Häcken (SWE)

If we beat you lot, Legia or Gent we’d be seeded for the play off as the draw is made prior to the ties finishing. Personally from our lot I want Legia or Gent.

Wolves v Rangers would be a much bigger game than last years' Burnley v Aberdeen, but one I'd rather avoid.

Excellent. But then for a first European game at Molineux in so long I’d have been disappointed if it wasn’t!

I saw people predicting 12-15k. Bloody delighted they were wrong.

I would assume that Crues will sell all of their 782 tickets pretty easily so it should be packed. I can't fucking wait.

I saw people predicting 12-15k. Bloody delighted they were wrong.

I would assume that Crues will sell all of their 782 tickets pretty easily so it should be packed. I can't fucking wait.
I'm guessing the people predicting that had lost touch with Wolves since 2017...

I think they thought - it's a game against a bunch of semi-pros at best and therefore won't be a challenge that would entice people to be there. Absolutely wrong obviously. As a club we have waited 39 years for this. From a personal supporting point of view I have waited 29 of those years (first game was 1990). I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE else rather than Molineux on Thursday night. It's a huge thing.

If we’re going off first games I’ve been waiting 38 years :icon_lol:

Not that I remember much about my first visits to Molineux bar my dad sitting me on the front of the box in the North Bank. I was only four and didn’t have a clue what was going on.

I think they thought - it's a game against a bunch of semi-pros at best and therefore won't be a challenge that would entice people to be there. Absolutely wrong obviously. As a club we have waited 39 years for this. From a personal supporting point of view I have waited 29 of those years (first game was 1990). I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE else rather than Molineux on Thursday night. It's a huge thing.

Same for me, and it no way being disrespectful to Crusaders the opposition is irrelevant. It's the fact that it's a European game and feels like a milestone in our evolution

Looking forward to this. Proving my age as I was in the Waterloo Road enclosure for the 1-0 win against PSV. Hope the lights stay on this time!

Back