• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (H) 23/12 Build Up Thread

We seem to have strayed somewhat from the build up to the Wolves v Ipswich thread, but it has been an enjoyable exchange of views.

Bull
Keane
Lescott
Murray

They're the only four I've seen that even begin to fall into the same bracket. Whippersnapper :icon_lol: I'm 37 in 3-4 months!

The only one I’d add to that list is Richards.

Mick is a legend! And the other 4 pages I haven't got time to read :icon_lol:

2-1 Wolves

With the talk about the team we had in the 70's - how many would fit into the current team (playing in the formation that Nuno clearly wants to play)

Munro would fit the Coady role without any problem (& do it better than even he does)

Not sure that I can really fit any of the others in as the formation & manner of play is so different - possibly only Hibbett as a more advanced Saiss & Richards as covering the Bonatini role

My namesake was a brilliant player, but not sure that he could have played as a wingback - mostly had Wagstaffe ahead of him to do the fancy stuff

Bull
Keane
Lescott
Murray

They're the only four I've seen that even begin to fall into the same bracket. Whippersnapper :icon_lol: I'm 37 in 3-4 months!

37 is a whippersnapper to me! In five months I will be 46. forty fucking six!!

On your player choices I totally agree. I missed out on the seventies team live sadly. BUT you also know how much I love the Doog, even on the old footage. I hope we can get a love with a forward again like Doog, King John, Bully, Mutchy, had

If I ever see better players in a Wolves shirt than Willy Boly, Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota then I'll die a happy man.
Breen, Edwards and Leon must be pushing them close surely?

Have followed and enjoyed this thread but when asking about heroes of the 70's and who should have played for England but didn't no-one seems to have mentioned Mike Bailey!

Have followed and enjoyed this thread but when asking about heroes of the 70's and who should have played for England but didn't no-one seems to have mentioned Mike Bailey!

Absolutely, he was pivotal to that team......tbf I've mentioned it before when the 70's team comes up

Probably because he was capped by England - twice.

Probably because he was capped by England - twice.

I think that was in his Charlton days. There was generally a southern bias in those days. It was Alan Mullery who was keeping him out, certainly Bailey was the better player.

Richards one cap played on the wing. Parkin and Hibbitt did not play for England, there was definitely a bias against Wolves players.

Back