• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A, LC) 26/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this being broadcast anywhere?

I still find it astounding that there are professional matches taking place in 2023 that fans have no access to, unless you're in the ground or it's selected for TV.
Nope.

From next season all League Cup games will be shown live though (handy as we may start in Round 1)

So who is the Ipswich manager and why do we like him?

Kieran McKenna, had a good reputation working with the younger age groups at Utd. Took over 18 months or so ago. Good end to the season before last, coming from down the league when he took over to just missing the play offs. Went up with 98 points last year and are top of the Championship this

I still find it astounding that there are professional matches taking place in 2023 that fans have no access to, unless you're in the ground or it's selected for TV.
I dunno, I'm kind of the other way. It grates on me a bit that people have this entitlement out of nowhere that everything ever should always be on, ideally for free. If you're that bothered, go to the game.

I am not that bothered by a League Cup game vs Ipswich to go.

I dunno, I'm kind of the other way. It grates on me a bit that people have this entitlement out of nowhere that everything ever should always be on, ideally for free. If you're that bothered, go to the game.

I am not that bothered by a League Cup game vs Ipswich to go.
Oh, I don't expect it for free. We've had this discussion before, but if Wolves (or the league, or whoever) made the matches available through their own website or channel for... I dunno, a tenner? (plucked out the air)... most/all would pay it.

Not even having an option in 2023 when for some it's impossible to get to the ground, is madness.

Not suggesting I'm typical but I wouldn't pay a tenner to watch our reserves play Ipswich's in a League Cup tie. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it for free tbh. Not being given the option does seem like a missed revenue stream though

I did pay a tenner to watch us lose to Stoke in 2020. Lockdown fever at play there.

No way I'd pay £10 to watch a stream of this.

Plucked a tenner out the air. But let people have a choice.

Going to cost money to set a stream up, one that you can justifiably charge for anyway. Then you have the balancing act of not making it so cheap that tons of people don't bother attending and just stay at home, or making it too expensive and as TT and I would say, fuck that (and that's two home STHs as opposed to casual fans). It's not quite the no brainer you paint it as.

I do think you have to encourage and prioritise actual attendance otherwise what's the point. People use the examples of US sports but they aren't remotely comparable IMO for a number of reasons.

I could have gone to Ipswich, I have the time and money and I had access to a ticket. I didn't want one so if I don't get to watch it then that's up to me.

Going to cost money to set a stream up, one that you can justifiably charge for anyway. Then you have the balancing act of not making it so cheap that tons of people don't bother attending and just stay at home, or making it too expensive and as TT and I would say, fuck that (and that's two home STHs as opposed to casual fans). It's not quite the no brainer you paint it as.

I do think you have to encourage and prioritise actual attendance otherwise what's the point. People use the examples of US sports but they aren't remotely comparable IMO for a number of reasons.

I could have gone to Ipswich, I have the time and money and I had access to a ticket. I didn't want one so if I don't get to watch it then that's up to me.
People who have a ST or want to go in person won’t be deterred from doing so because there’s a stream on offer for a tenner.

Cost isn’t an issue as every match is recorded anyway. Even pre-season stuff is available and charged for.

It's available for £10 at www.itfc.co.uk

Bein

I'd pay a fiver for cup matches and a tenner for league matches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-25-16-10-08-212_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-25-16-10-08-212_com.android.chrome.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 41
1695651370140.png

I am of course talking about available here in the UK via a company that is allowed to show live games in the UK.

9/10 there is always a way to watch our games just not legally and of course I would never suggest anyone watches anything dodgy...much better if they get a cheap flight to Spain and watch in your bar instead....

Kieran McKenna, had a good reputation working with the younger age groups at Utd. Took over 18 months or so ago. Good end to the season before last, coming from down the league when he took over to just missing the play offs. Went up with 98 points last year and are top of the Championship this
He has done a fantastic job. The football they play is very easy on the eye.

Coached and managed at the highest level before taking his first job. Very clever tactically, improves all players and a stickler for detail and fitness.

Was patient, waited and will be destined for bigger things than Ipswich very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back