• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

A rare game in which van la Parra looked decent as well

As I said on the other thread, watched these play on Saturday and they are truly dreadful. Keeper looks awful, the defence is a mess, lightweight in midfield and Depoitre is an immobile lump up front.

Mooy is comfortable on the ball and Mounie works hard but he offers no threat

No excuses here

Think Huddersfield away is up there with one of the grounds I've visited most (aside from Molineux obviously). Really mixed feelings on tomorrow, it's a game on paper we should win but we often struggle here, think the football gods like to punish me for making a fairly short journey to watch Wolves!

The previous game that stand out for me was 96/97 where we won (Froggatt and Bully). Though there was another game where we were terrible and got back to the car to find the window smashed and radio stolen (late 90s/early 2000ish).

Cybertosis is fucking infectious let me tell you. It is more prevalent if any stats add up to are multiples of or include the number 13 and it works for and against. Spurs had gone 38 games unbeaten against newly promoted sides. Game 39 is 3 x 13 and wham its in!
We were 13 unbeaten last year and forest fucked us iirc

Just found out Huddersfield have lost 13 since their last win, against us. We really must put them to bed tonight and make 13 work for us just like at spurs!

C-RqY18XsAIdRfq.jpg

What a hodge podge of a team that is! (Lonners didn't start in the end, Kenny was very confused when our keeper lamped a kick 60 yards downfield in more or less a straight line...then checked his phone and I'd told him that there'd been a late change and it was Big H in goal - a shocker that he let in later, too)

Amazing to think that's what we were lining up with just 2 years ago

Saiss didn't even make the bench ffs.

Gold star to the first person who remembers the keeper that stepped up to be on the bench after HB was promoted.

Saiss didn't even make the bench ffs.

"I know what Romain can do"

(But I don't know what Edwards can do, so I'll play him for every minute of every game)

I was going to say Kello but that was years before. Was it a Slovenian youngster?

Edit: No it wasn't, just had a look.

Sorry, it was really getting to me after a solid two minutes of trying to work it out

Jack Ruddy or Rory Brown? The only 2 I can think of atm.

Jack Ruddy or Rory Brown? The only 2 I can think of atm.

Half a gold star as you hedged your bets.

It was Rory Brown, now at Coleraine after turning down a pro deal with us. Shrewd move.

Back