• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Home v Huddersfield 25.11.18

I take it we're at the usual place on Sunday, beforehand?

Merson has us down to win this 3-0.

Lawro has us down to win 2-0.

We are fooked then

I'm on site later that night so it's a few from 2ish and then onto the lemonade.

We are reet crap against Huddersfield tbf.

2016/17: L 0-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: W 3-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2014/15: L 1-3 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2000/1: L 0-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1999/0: L 0-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1998/9: D 2-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
1995/6: D 0-0 (H) L 1-2 (A)

September 1998 when we equalised in injury time and still lost still hurts.

Some people seem to not like us one bit do they? Geez.

These are the kinds of games we should be winning, so I'm hoping for a win!

Really bizarre how Huddersfield fans have taken a dislike to us, we’re geographically not near them and we’ve not exactly had huge grudge matches with them over the years. The dislike seems to be born out of how we do things and the fact we spend money.
Don’t get the same angst from ie Burnley or Brighton fans who’ve had to do things on a relative budget.

I think that the defensively mentally is obviously something they embrace as a club. It plays into their underdog setting. It's just their vocal online fans that mouth off about us, we have plenty of our own equivalent saying things like it will be 6-0. Personally think this will be close, big fan of their manager and what he has achieved.

It's more an existential hate i think, if I lived in Huddersfield i think I'd hate most things too.

Although you would have Magic Rock Tap Room to console yourself.

Plus moralising on how we do things, v West Ham they had 2 English born players on the field. They had zero players from their academy which last season was re categorised to level 4.
Basically they’ve shopped abroad to just on a cheaper budget.

It's more an existential hate i think, if I lived in Huddersfield i think I'd hate most things too.

I have to say I like the Huddersfield area! Some great countryside but agree the town isn't great. Just like Wolverhampton really. Get me 5 miles away and it's really nice country side. And if you haven't noticed there are some funny miserable moaning bastards in Wolverhampton too.! I just think lsm enjoyed wumming and was overall well balanced! He had a chip on both shoulders!

I have to say I like the Huddersfield area! Some great countryside but agree the town isn't great. Just like Wolverhampton really. Get me 5 miles away and it's really nice country side. And if you haven't noticed there are some funny miserable moaning bastards in Wolverhampton too.! I just think lsm enjoyed wumming and was overall well balanced! He had a chip on both shoulders!
The Huddersfield area isn't Huddersfield though. I worked in Halifax and it was really nice as was the surrounding area. Huddersfield was shit though.

I'm going for Coady to replicate his screamer for Huddersfield against us.....but for us obviously

The official account was showing that goal versus us CC scored. Special strike.

Back