• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I don't see many overreactions. Occasional frustrations and tensions, but that's just a consequence of commenting on things live.

If we're playing well people say so, if we're rubbish then people say so.

I don't see many overreactions. Occasional frustrations and tensions, but that's just a consequence of commenting on things live.

If we're playing well people say so, if we're rubbish then people say so.
Hmm, not sure, as ever its opinions, seen some harsh comments on the thread then wondered what all the fuss is about when seeing it later.

Just as an FYI:

I tend to be pretty liquored up during most matchdays so if I come across as a bit out there or have ya'll no clue what the fuck I am going on about, just roll with it, thanks.

Is Sasa still behind the rest of the lads in fitness then. ? Didn't see him doing anything in the latest video bar standing around a few times. Chiquiniho was with them at the end of the video.

He will be behind but he has gone to Portugal so would suggest he is about to be part of the group training
I really want Sasa to be fit and work for us this season. He will be busting a gut this pre-season I'm sure, bar looking like a vending machine in these video's.

I definitely hope that one thing that happens is the general level of fitness of the squad improves. I'm sure I read we still statistically covered less ground over 90 minutes than almost all other clubs in the division. I think that needs to change and we need improved fitness to achieve it.

I definitely hope that one thing that happens is the general level of fitness of the squad improves. I'm sure I read we still statistically covered less ground over 90 minutes than almost all other clubs in the division. I think that needs to change and we need improved fitness to achieve it.
It was deliberate under Lage, we refused to press. One of the many contributory factors to us losing nearly every time we went 1-0 down.

Hard to change that to any massive degree mid-season.

It was deliberate under Lage, we refused to press. One of the many contributory factors to us losing nearly every time we went 1-0 down.

Hard to change that to any massive degree mid-season.
I get that and we were like it under Nuno too. Impact of that is that compared to other teams we lack the fitness for plenty of off the ball movement which must be a contributory factor to our lack of chances created. It's not just about the pressing, it's about constantly moving off the ball to create attacking play.

When you've watched us over the past 2 or 3 seasons you can see that we are far too static and we don't create many overloads apart from occasionally out wide when one of the FBs venture forward. Our midfield almost never make runs beyond the forwards and our options are limited by it. I firmly believe lack of overall fitness to run and run and run contributes massively to that.

Our midfield almost never make runs beyond the forwards and our options are limited by it. I firmly believe lack of overall fitness to run and run and run contributes massively to that.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

HWJCKXQYPFC2XM4T7YRAHOFUAY.jpg

undoubtedly this will happen. One reason Lopetegui made 5 subs regularly was because the players were not fit enough to do what he was asking them to do for 90 mins.

I've just watched the video that Wolves have shared about the training camp and their 'home for the next week', and there were a few players I was thinking "Who the fuck is that"!? I'm presuming the 2 little lads with dark hair who look almost the same are Cundle and Hodge? No idea who the tall blonde kid was! They must have taken a few U21/23s to make up the squad numbers for training purposes?

From the U21's

Ty Barnett, Josh Esen, Owen Farmer, Nathan Fraser, Harvey Griffiths, Alfie Pond and Oliver Tipton

Back