• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We sold a lot green kits...just no mega rich Mexican fancied anything from us

I'm sure there is some benefits that we just don't see. We and every other top flight club have whole departments working on stuff like this so its either a lot of money being pissed away across the country or there is something working somewhere.

Either way, if we are signing a player where marketing reasons are put at the front end of the decision to sign them, then you are doing it wrong. It should be an added on bonus.

I saw a load of Brighton shirts in Zambia, mostly fakes but still..

I’m a bit confused as I haven’t seen anything regarding Hwangs “Koreaness” to trigger all this.
You do get it from the genuine knuckledraggers (had an idiot near me who used to shout "what do you chink you're doing" when Seol lost the ball, comedy genius I'm sure you'll agree) but not on here.

Worthwhile discussion in general though.

I would say away from that Hwang probably gets more stick because he's perceived to be a marketing signing (he isn't, surely, our previous manager just liked him and he'd been on the club's list for a long time) and the club are to blame for allowing that perception to seed itself because their own messaging has been on those lines at times. On footballing grounds there isn't anything too unfair that gets fired his way, because he isn't very good.

I’m a bit confused as I haven’t seen anything regarding Hwangs “Koreaness” to trigger all this.
Want to be clear that I don't want it come off as an accusation of outright racism. I just think it's something worth being conscious of when discussing the reasons why Hwang is or isn't fit to be a Premier League player (here that will mostly be how he isn't, I grant you).

There's a reason most of my "defending" of Hwang amounts to saying "poor Hwang :cry:" and nothing else.

why-huh.gif

The best thing that has happened for Hwang was signing Guedes. Despite possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Wolves player in the PL after he was brought on at Anfield. Out of nowhere putting a shift in and scoring a couple of tap ins comfortably elevated him above the heartless one.

Despite possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Wolves player in the PL after he was brought on at Anfield.
I'll raise you Guedioura at home to Wigan or Doherty away at Leicester.

Which was the Hunt horror show at home one year?

Which was the Hunt horror show at home one year?
Watford but that was Champo under Saunders

(He also gloated like we'd won the Champions League after we grabbed a vastly undeserved last minute equaliser)

Edit: And look at this fucking inane nonsense:

"It's St David's Day today and I hoped we might get a bit of luck. But then I found out that their keeper Jonathan Bond is Welsh. And he had a good day too."

Prick.

I'll raise you Guedioura at home to Wigan or Doherty away at Leicester.
I know we often have a habit of discussing the same subject on here every few weeks (such is the internet), but I thought we had a superstar on our hands when I watched Guedioura's debut for us v Spurs. He was unreal that day.

I know we often have a habit of discussing the same subject on here every few weeks (such is the internet), but I thought we had a superstar on our hands when I watched Guedioura's debut for us v Spurs. He was unreal that day.
Gued had some really good games for us, some terrible too.

Albion in the 3-1 he was very good, that stands out as well as the Spurs game.

Watford but that was Champo under Saunders

(He also gloated like we'd won the Champions League after we grabbed a vastly undeserved last minute equaliser)

Edit: And look at this fucking inane nonsense:

"It's St David's Day today and I hoped we might get a bit of luck. But then I found out that their keeper Jonathan Bond is Welsh. And he had a good day too."

Prick.
'When the baby is up crying in the middle of the night you need to tell your wife to go deal with it because you can't play football when you're tired and it's the football that pays for all her expensive things like putting the kids through school.'

Back