• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Not too much controversial in there (Holt and Sagbo are red herrings, who cares that much about crappy short term loan signings that hardly cost anything and we can just bin) but this:

I can’t think of a time when we signed a player any head coach wouldn’t have wanted.

I got increasingly annoyed with Ken during 2015/16 and wanted him out for most of the season in the end. I don't think there's any way he particularly wanted Byrne or Mason though. He didn't even know what either were supposed to be. And that's four million quid.

Edit: Thinking about it, I asked Kev personally a couple of years ago about Mason and directly too. He mostly ducked the question. As I didn't have a personal audience with him I couldn't really follow it up.

By the way The Athletic is offering 90 days free, no excuses for anyone...

I keep considering it, The wolves articles seem pretty interesting, but it seems like effort....

Responses to Wolves #BLM post are as depressing as they are predictable. I had to fucking look didn't I. Dumpster fire of replies.

Some of our fans have been kicked in the head by horses, I'm sure of it. That beetroot looking fuckwit Bill Etheridge acting as master of master of ceremonies.

Responses to Wolves #BLM post are as depressing as they are predictable. I had to fucking look didn't I. Dumpster fire of replies.

Some of our fans have been kicked in the head by horses, I'm sure of it. That beetroot looking fuckwit Bill Etheridge acting as master of master of ceremonies.
They feel their lives are being invaded whether that's by people of a different colour, nation, gender or sexuality. They can't cope with their myopic world views being challenged and feel marginalised even though that's all in their heads. They don't have the mental capability to understand why there aren't straight pride marches or white lives matter protests and don't have the self awareness to understand white male privilege. They are to be pitied and if possible ignored. Unfortunately in both America and here there are politicians who are increasingly providing a mouthpiece though

How class is it seeing Neves rocking the retro shirt at home.

0-B8293-AC-5-C02-4-E83-8-DF9-425-AB0909-AEB.jpg

youtube randomly recommended the 3-2 City game after christmas, replay is uploaded in full

my mom was in town, who isn't into football, and even she was on her seat edge that whole 2nd half. what a game that was!

Harsh on the Wolves Women team who had their season scrapped. No promotion/relegation in their league but the top 2 Divisions have been decided on PPG so Champions/Relegation and Promotion in those leagues. Wasn't even a close thing in Wolves Division as they were running away with it.

Some kind soul did this when I asked the same at end of 2017/18 season.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-3DsgdTXjKiu6eGjwSMRPr6ZFj-219Lz

It’s easy enough to do, you could even make it more involved by adding pre and post match videos now too I guess.

Thanks for that link Tredman. I'm on nights this week and have gone through that.

I found last seasons "highlights" as well as this season's "part 1 and part 2"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-HGgp0-yM

Not sure where to put this but was watching the re-reviewed of the 99/00 season and I have some questions.

a) Why on earth is the DVD review called 'unleashed'? We finished 7th and didn't seem to have a particularly exciting squad? We had just lost Keane and Richards, and Bully had just retired?!

b) Neil Emblen seemed to turn up in decent positions to score from midfield? Was he good or is this the Dave Edwards effect?

c) Colin Lee. Burrows, Spiers and Parry were a lot kinder on Colin Lee than I anticipated. Was he any good? Crap? Or just a bit unlucky that we stopped spending so much after McGhee, who he was obviously assistant too.

Opinions appreciated as I was 4 at the time :D

If I remember rightly Lee had a mad run of losing only five games in thirty after Mcghee was sacked, something like only one of the last fourteen was lost (last day against Bradford who got promoted). I could be wrong with some of that but his record was impressive enough for what seemed like everyone to want him to get the job permanently. Missed out on the playoffs by a couple of points to fucking Bolton as well.

Was it true he lived in a manor house somewhere ?

Not sure where to put this but was watching the re-reviewed of the 99/00 season and I have some questions.

a) Why on earth is the DVD review called 'unleashed'? We finished 7th and didn't seem to have a particularly exciting squad? We had just lost Keane and Richards, and Bully had just retired?!

b) Neil Emblen seemed to turn up in decent positions to score from midfield? Was he good or is this the Dave Edwards effect?

c) Colin Lee. Burrows, Spiers and Parry were a lot kinder on Colin Lee than I anticipated. Was he any good? Crap? Or just a bit unlucky that we stopped spending so much after McGhee, who he was obviously assistant too.

Opinions appreciated as I was 4 at the time :D

a) Our marketing was TERRIBLE at the time. Can't even blame Jez, he wasn't here...

b) Emblen was a way better player than Edwards. Better finisher as well. Central midfield was the real weak area of that team though, everywhere else was decent.

c) We had a horrible start that season after beating City on the opening day. We had no money so had to cobble a team together until we sold Keano. Then it was a mess until we signed players and they bedded in. We were shocking against Walsall, Huddersfield and Sheff Utd early on. It turned out ok though. We only lost three home games all season and two were the aforementioned Walsall/Hudds games while we were sorting ourselves out. The other one was against Charlton who won the league comfortably.

He was always a bit of a placeholder manager, and there was a massive discrepancy between home and away form, always. But he was broadly fine for his first 18 months. We did play some good stuff in 1999/2000 (relatively speaking). We'd have made the playoffs if Kevin Lynch weren't literally a cheat.

Got all his transfers wrong in the second full season when spending the Akinbiyi money, took us ages to replace Curle, Sinton started to decline quite quickly, Bazeley fell totally off a cliff and that was that.

Didn't he win 5 of his first 6 games or something like that? Quite a classic new manager bounce. Likely got a fair bit of goodwill by not being his predecessor.
He was the cheap option at the time I felt.

everyone reserve their cardboard cutouts?

Back