• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Because anyone throwing a bottle top that far and that accurately should by rights be Britain's next Olympic javelin thrower.

It's not the tops, it's the bottle with the top on that can be used as a missile is what I was told the only time they've done it in the NB which was the Utd cup game last year

They did this to me at the Telford game on Saturday, great fun trying to get a 6 year old to not knock it over

No-one is spearing a bottle of sprite from BW lower at any of the areas used for away fans. Its nonsense.

Could chuck it at a player though.

It's bollocks but it's mandated across a lot of grounds.

Used to be commonplace when I had a season ticket in the South Bank a decade ago.

Start keeping the lids from bottles you use elsewhere and take a couple along with you.

For "bigger" matches they do this in the Steve Bull upper if your taking a (cheaper) drink in.
Basically unscrew the top infront of them and then kneel as if to put it on the "bottle top pile" by the turnstile.
Of course you never drop the top and just pocket it.

I thought the bottle top thing was due to it being more of a trip hazard with the top still on?

SSB has the answer. Step on a disgarded bottle without the top on and it'll crush. Step on a disgarded bottle with the lid on and you can easily roll your ankle on it/slip etc

Best remove them from sale across the whole world full stop then

I’ve never had a bottle top taken off me in the Steve Bull upper to be fair and I buy two every game.

Club clearly don't give a shit about the ankles of fans in that stand then.

It's definitely what Tony said, a bottle full of liquid is a weighty projectile to be hurled at players or opposition fans.

They only started keeping the caps again this season in the North Bank lower. I was surprised when I started sitting there regular in 15/16 that I could keep it, then this season it was retained. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a lottery dependent entirely on which member of staff serves you.

Six Wolves games in December and January moved for broadcast reasons. New fixtures...

West Ham (h) Wed 4 Dec, 7.30
Brighton (a) Sun 8 Dec, 4.30
Spurs (h) Sunday 15 Dec, 2
Man City (h) Friday 27 Dec, 7.45
Liverpool (a) Sunday 29 Dec, 4.30
Liverpool (h) Thursday 23 Jan, 8
#wwfc

£7 for a pie and pint! Used to be free a few years ago

Back