• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Southampton at home has sold out -tickets at 100 points were being released today but the website says all sold out already :(

We really need a bigger ground. As a none STH I was hoping to go to that. But now theres a vicious circle where you cant buy tickets without significant points, and without points you cant buy tickets.

I've got 140 points but haven't got close to getting a ticket for any of the league games yet. However, it doesn't help that I never know when the tickets are going on sale to members and by the time I remember to check they've already sold out!

EDIT: I have just found this which perhaps I should have discovered sooner :icon_lol:

https://tickets.wolves.co.uk/custom/documents/pdf/Home Fixtures Sale Dates.pdf

The E&S Story on this is great

Headline - Molineux subway to be ditched

So 100% happening then

Opening lines of story - The Molineux subway running under the ring road would be ditched

Yep still 100% happening

Now into the story - Wolverhampton Council’s top boss Tim Johnson said he wanted to replace the underpass

Hold on, so not 100%

Mr Johnson’s comments suggest long-scrapped plans for a bridge running over the ring road could be revisited.

From 100% to suggesting it could happen.

We want to get rid of it and connect back into the city.

So essentially it is something the Council would like to see happen but its just a council boss saying he wants to it to happen. Top headline work again

This, it would appear is what the Council are asking for from the ground redevelopment, another vanity bridge project (see the pointless one they put up for the Train station)

It would appear that the councils Chief Exec had a bad experience as a 14 year old Everton fan in the subway so he wants a new bridge (not in any way an ego project)

I really do despair if this is the best that the council can come up with - Wolves will end up paying for this by the way

another vanity bridge project (see the pointless one they put up for the Train station)

Wasn't that bridge built because the long term plan is to take the trams over the current road bridge and therefore no pedestrian access across it?

He never said he had a bad experience when he was 14 did he, just that it was the first time he had experienced the subway?

Onto more pressing matters. Anybody had the Mexico shirt delivered yet?

Onto more pressing matters. Anybody had the Mexico shirt delivered yet?

Yesterday was shipping day wasn't it? So unless you paid £10 for next day, it will arrive from tomorrow onwards (Although some seem to have them already at the game...unless they have been on Ali Express of course)

It needs doing as the subway is shit

Would disagree with that totally. Since the council did it up, the Subway looks great, very similar to the subway at the approach at Estadio da Luz.

The Wolves subway is almost a part of the matchday experience in itself - for me it's where you really start to feel the buzz of a matchday with the crowds gathering to go down it. I always stop and buy a programme at the end of it.

A bridge would be shit - also, if the journey over the ring road is elevated, its gonna be a fair few steps down to Molineux on the other side. Imagine that with thousands of people. Doesn't make sense to me. The subway is fine.

The subway isn't shite and the mural is actually pretty good.

I wish they'd move the buskers and homeless folk on a matchday. Maybe Wolves could give them a cup of coffee and a meal or just fuck the buskers off entirely, they're shite.

how old is the footbridge now, and when is the first tram due to cross the bridge?

Theres long term and theres pushing through a vanity project with no clear direction

Working on stuff on the bridge at the moment aren't they? Not sure what though

Standard Council shit on the project. Break it down into phases and inc the bridge in with Phase 1. Worry about funding Phase 2 later

They've totally closed off the footpath on the right hand side (overlooking the dual carriageway) now so there is *some* progress, albeit very slow.

Working on stuff on the bridge at the moment aren't they? Not sure what though

Standard Council shit on the project. Break it down into phases and inc the bridge in with Phase 1. Worry about funding Phase 2 later

Yeah, but then again Footbridges are to Council Chiefs what park benches are to family memorials, and your argument hinges on the Council having a clearly defined plan.....

I'm more disappointed that this is what they are holding out for from the club, there could be so much more and it just seems they have gone down a vanity project

I've got 140 points but haven't got close to getting a ticket for any of the league games yet. However, it doesn't help that I never know when the tickets are going on sale to members and by the time I remember to check they've already sold out!

EDIT: I have just found this which perhaps I should have discovered sooner :icon_lol:

https://tickets.wolves.co.uk/custom/documents/pdf/Home Fixtures Sale Dates.pdf

Yeah you just need to be on it mate, I managed to get to Saturday’s game with 120 points but logged on as soon as my window became available. Probably no chance against the ‘big 6’ but probably a chance for everything else.

We really need a bigger ground. As a none STH I was hoping to go to that. But now theres a vicious circle where you cant buy tickets without significant points, and without points you cant buy tickets.

Absolutely this.
I'm a member, but was away in the summer so didn't get any early points.
I know full well that if I wasn't subbing in for STH's when they can't make it, I'd rarely be able to go. I've been phenomenally lucky, and am indebted to people here.
Main reason for being a member was to go onto the STH waiting list. However, given so few will be giving up STs in these times, I might have to withdraw this at the end of this season, as mrs jelly was made redundant in february. I get it is only a few quid, but if she doesn't find work by the new season then I can't justify it.

BTW the E&S are reporting Meritan Shabani suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury and Bruno Jordao did his ankle ligaments. Haven't seen any official confirmation.

Back