• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Moving on. The annual BrandFinance global football survey is out. We are ranked as the 29th most valuable brand in global football. Not bad for where we were when Fosun snapped us up for £30 million.

Moving on. The annual BrandFinance global football survey is out. We are ranked as the 29th most valuable brand in global football. Not bad for where we were when Fosun snapped us up for £30 million.

2 spots above Ajax :coffee1:

12 above Benfica :whistle:

-edit- link's here

Interesting comments from Jeff on how Fosun now class Wolves as part of the group they will not sell (even if we win everything possible).. So no longer an asset to build then sell but if they are keeping they have to invest and improve it all the time

If they can sell Dave Edwards, they can sell anything.

Unlike Thomas Cook, who they now cannot sell

They only own 14% (or not much higher than that) of Thomas Cook and they want to buy it outright. Taking advantage of the shite share price as they lose billions

Interesting comments from Jeff on how Fosun now class Wolves as part of the group they will not sell (even if we win everything possible).. So no longer an asset to build then sell but if they are keeping they have to invest and improve it all the time

That is a game changing statement. Puts the quick buck conspiracy in the file titled bollocks and shows they are here for a long term massive return. Only long term success gets that. They are after the silverware

Jeffs recent comments are fascinating. Additional investment into the U18s and U23s. Pathway for youth players through to the first team. Maintenance of the smaller squad philosophy.
Very exciting to see what happens next.

In related news, does anyone have any idea when our next kit will be released? Are we definitely having a new kit given how popular the current one has been? Or are we all just making assumptions?

Looking at how bad the majority are on the new kits thread, we might be better off limiting any changes!

We will have a new kit. We sold off remaining stocks at reduced prices. We took our sweet time last year but may be waiting to see if we are in Europe or not. (Marketing reasons and maybe having a special kit just for that)

That is a game changing statement. Puts the quick buck conspiracy in the file titled bollocks and shows they are here for a long term massive return. Only long term success gets that. They are after the silverware

Yeah that was particularly exciting to hear. My head still can't compute that we've just finished 7th in the top flight. To come so far so soon and (importantly) so convincingly, it really isn't stretching it that much further to dream of achieving a top 4 finish within 5 years or so.

If these guys are with us for the very long term, it opens up even more potential.

We really did strike gold, didn't we?

W88 signed a two year deal so not sure about a change.

Please, not another betting company.

It 100% is going to be, though.

It's not going to be Bathams. I've resigned myself to that.

It'd be nice if we had a sponsor I didn't hate - it's been a long time!

I love our betting sponsor. Can't even use them in the UK

Apparently betting sponsors aren’t allowed in China and so we may be buying them out to use someone different as we are making inroads there. Of course it is all just rumour so take it with a pinch of salt.

Their website is a proper 2004 headache inducing nightmare.

Also:

W88.JPG

Back