• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It showed up on the dark side about an hour ago with the same details.

Nothing on BBC yet that I can see.

It really isn't huge costs at all. 4 day listing, couple of QCs, junior counsel, preparation by our solicitors, brief prep. Easy to knock up £450k without even trying.

Poor sod has been phenomenally badly advised, and has paid a massive penalty here.

Indeed.

"So, if you supposedly recognised it in 1979, why did you only tried to register it in 2016 when the club just happened to be bought by a massive multinational with lots of money? Funny how you didn't bother for 37 years, and no-one has any record of this competition entry from at least 50 years ago?"

He has clearly either had some appalling advice, or can't see past the imaginary pound signs.

By the way, I travelled back in time and invented the £ symbol with no records whatsoever. Where's all my copyright money?

It really isn't huge costs at all. 4 day listing, couple of QCs, junior counsel, preparation by our solicitors, brief prep. Easy to knock up £450k without even trying.

Poor sod has been phenomenally badly advised, and has paid a massive penalty here.

Who advised him? Lionel Hutz!!??

There has to be a case ethically for the guys representation to even accept the case

c8a5f812fb1defb30b692a17e2b2c992.gif

Popped up on BBC website couple of minutes ago. Judge said insuperable obstacles to proving claim.

Lionel Hutz: Uh-oh! We've drawn Judge Snyder!
Guy who sued Wolves : Is that bad?
Lionel Hutz: Well he's kinda had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog.
Guy who sued Wolves : You did?
Lionel Hutz: Well actually replace the word 'kinda' with 'repeatedly' and the word 'dog' with 'son'.

Popped up on BBC website couple of minutes ago. Judge said insuperable obstacles to proving claim.

Well, a complete lack of evidence tends to cause that sort of problem.

His advisors who caused this will still get paid, which is in itself a disgraceful situation. He had a woeful hand and they went all in to try and cream off prestige in the advent of a miracle, while knowing he would still be forced to pay them in the huge likelihood of a complete failure.

Very poor show. They should be named and shamed.

His advisors who caused this will still get paid, which is in itself a disgraceful situation. He had a woeful hand and they went all in to try and cream off prestige in the advent of a miracle, while knowing he would still be forced to pay them in the huge likelihood of a complete failure.

Very poor show. They should be named and shamed.

With you on this.

How is he going to pay 450k? No average person has that sitting in the bank

The judge had originally pencilled in a ruling "later in the year".

He made this call after 1 fucking day. There was absolutely no fucking case. He got his day in court. And now the court costs will fuck him financially for life. A ridiculous action that should never have been put before a court. His advisors are a very poor lot to have allowed him to end up in this situation, no matter how much he may have felt he had a claim.

Some of the best legal advice at times is "you have nothing, back away and avoid the consequences of a court telling you that is the case".

If he had sense he would have...

...not gone to court and just become a grumpy old man in the pub and pointed out to everyone "I designed that badge you know" when Wolves were on the TV

Fair to say he hasn't got any sense

If he'd have been able to get a merits assessment from counsel giving him prospects of success of 60% or more, he may have obtained after the event insurance to cover adverse costs, meaning he won't have to pay anything - his insurance company will instead.

Back