• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Morocco have Uzbekistan on Tuesday evening so Saiss will probably play there.

MGW played in Manchester for the U18s against Argentina. We won 2-1.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over Saiss, few people saying he was injured in the warmup and didn't actually play?

According to the coach he is ill:

Hervé Renard [emoji632] :

«Je suis satisfait de ma défense.

Il faut rappeler que Romain Saiss [emoji1173] est tombé malade juste avant le match, et que Hakimi [emoji1173] était indisponible pour ce #SERMAR[emoji1212][emoji1173]» https://t.co/gav5E4b2AR

don't think malade is used when players are injured, though someone with better French than me may know better.

Last edited:
Tombe = to fall - he fell ill just before the match.

I am satisfied with my defence

It must be remembered that Romain Saiss became ill just before the match and Hakimi was unavailable for #SERMOR

Source: other half is fluent.

Porto is losing Marcano at the end of the season on a free transfer.

I think Wolves would be much better signing him rather than keeping Boly.

Didnt have the chance to say it here yet, but keeping Jota for 14M is a bargain.

Porto is losing Marcano at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Didnt have the chance to say it here yet, but keeping Jota for 14M is a bargain.

Sign him and Boly, Coady in the middle...

Boly is a known quantity now. Keeping him has to be our first priority defensively, full stop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If we are binning Boly for him he had better be some sort of uber defensive God like figure.

Marcano would be good with Boly and whoever in the middle.

I really hope Nuno doesn't bin this formation. I love it and not many teams play it in the Prem. He has form of playing 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 with Porto though. Particularly with Jota and Silva up front.

IIRC it was more of a 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-2 with Porto. Had Jota in a sort of withdrawn free role.

Regardless, I think it would be a mistake to change from our current system.

By changing to a 4 you make Coady and Doherty redundant. And I feel the 3 will be even better suited to the PL where we will be under more pressure.

Fortunately we are too good In this league even though having 3 blokes holding hands on the half way line restricts us slightly.

I am sure we will stick with 3-4-3 personally. It fits our current players, and we can bring in upgrades that also fit that system. Boly, Coady, Marcano is SEXUAL.

Surprised SLB thinks we can do better than Boly for next season......has he seen the state of Centre Halfery in this country...both in the Prem and the Champ

Good news. Neves on the bench for Portugal tonight. Less chance of an injury.

Back