• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Only takes a freak run of injuries for it to happen though. I doubt anyone would have expected him to get near the bench last season, yet he played and was our No1 for a while.

It is a strange extension but I wonder if Ruddy's lack of progress and poor form this season has made us keep him on the books. We will be in the Checkatrade Trophy again next season so I guess we want a slightly experienced keeper in that. It was his performances in that cup that pushed him ahead of Flatt.

As Paddy says, we've got at least 3 keepers better than Chocolate wrists Harry. Why bother, oh yes I forgot it's fuckwit Thelwell spending money before he gets the boot. Stealing a living.

I first saw Burgoyne play for Lowestoft at Hednesford over 2 years ago. His issue then was he didn't command his area, it still is. That's not going to change - an EEL style contract extension from our Kev.

Burgoyne won’t be on much money - worst case scenario it allows one of our youth products to continue to develop, we can find him lower league loans and we help him make a full time career.

Best of luck to him.

As Paddy says, we've got at least 3 keepers better than Chocolate wrists Harry. Why bother, oh yes I forgot it's fuckwit Thelwell spending money before he gets the boot. Stealing a living.

Have you seen him?
I have never seen him play could be he's a late developer, Could be they do not have a 4th keeper better than him and they do not see anything in u16,15 or 14 to suggest they will hace a replacement, so keep him on to coach him.
He may not play for our 1st team but could forge out a career for himself.

Thelwell will not have made the descision on his own, Nuno, his staff and the keeper coach will all have had their say

Behind Harry B we have

Flatt - Will be offski this Summer
Ruddy - Highly rated but has had an utter mare of a season at Oldham and now with Ayr
Sondergaard - Highly rated but only just arrived and highly rated means jack shit....as Ruddy Jnr
Then we have 2 U18 keepers. One got bumped up this week to the U23 and conceded 6

The length of the deal speaks volumes to me. If we are looking at Harry as any type of long term keeper he would have got a lot more than 18 months. He is bacailly filling a gap between the highly rated but untested and the 1st team. Unless we have another moment where all our keepers are crocked we will not see him start a game for us in that 18 months. You are just ranting because Kev has been in the background not doing a lot wrong and you have missed sending abuse his way. This is a nothing deal really, certainly not one to get worked up about.

Have you seen him?
I have never seen him play could be he's a late developer, Could be they do not have a 4th keeper better than him and they do not see anything in u16,15 or 14 to suggest they will hace a replacement, so keep him on to coach him.
He may not play for our 1st team but could forge out a career for himself.

Thelwell will not have made the descision on his own, Nuno, his staff and the keeper coach will all have had their say

Yes, saw him let the only goal in at home to Huddersfield last season and he indeed did have chocolate wrists as it was almost a carbon copy of the goal Ruddy let in last night only not hit as well. He may well be a late developer so an 18 month deal isn't going to help him as he just isn't strong enough. He'll make a career lower down the pyramid but a first team PL 'keeper? I don't think so.

You have no idea who made the decision, nor do I.

Behind Harry B we have

Flatt - Will be offski this Summer
Ruddy - Highly rated but has had an utter mare of a season at Oldham and now with Ayr
Sondergaard - Highly rated but only just arrived and highly rated means jack shit....as Ruddy Jnr
Then we have 2 U18 keepers. One got bumped up this week to the U23 and conceded 6

The length of the deal speaks volumes to me. If we are looking at Harry as any type of long term keeper he would have got a lot more than 18 months. He is bacailly filling a gap between the highly rated but untested and the 1st team. Unless we have another moment where all our keepers are crocked we will not see him start a game for us in that 18 months. You are just ranting because Kev has been in the background not doing a lot wrong and you have missed sending abuse his way. This is a nothing deal really, certainly not one to get worked up about.

I think we'll buy a 'keeper in the summer (not that I want to without giving Norris a chance) so that would be 3 'keepers with a highly rated Sondergaard and then poor Harry loaned out to Telford for the season.

There is no room for sentiment in football.

I know bookies don’t like giving money away but Sky bet are only offering odds of 12-1 on Neves being 1st scorer against Fulham - how odd to be so badly uninformed

I know bookies don’t like giving money away but Sky bet are only offering odds of 12-1 on Neves being 1st scorer against Fulham - how odd to be so badly uninformed

Glasgowolf has already put a tenner on it!

Match at Cardiff moved to the Friday Night (6th April) for Sky

Match at Cardiff moved to the Friday Night (6th April) for Sky
I was only yesterday thinking of treating the missus to the Saturday night in Cardiff. Guess it's off the cards now.

Still hoping to go. Should be able to pick 2 tickets up. My lad is at Uni in Cardiff so an excuse to pop down for a couple of days.

Still hoping to go. Should be able to pick 2 tickets up. My lad is at Uni in Cardiff so an excuse to pop down for a couple of days.

My numbers going free if you want it mate.

I do wonder why our match against Reading is on tv this saturday, seems a strange pick when Derby have Fulham.

Back