• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

When does our deal with WhatHouse run out? Can see BluCig being our next sponsors.

Even worse that electric cigarettes were banned at Molineux until they signed the sponsorship.

I was threatened with expulsion from the stadium one week, welcomed with open arms the next. Didn't realise I could vape in my seat though...

If somebody vaped there strawberry shit all over me Id take it out of there mouths and snap it in two..

When does our deal with WhatHouse run out? Can see BluCig being our next sponsors.

I hope it is..
At least it means the kids tops wont have some shit sponsor ruining the front.
Kids tops couldnt have the leagues patches on the arms this season what with it being Sky Bet...
Very strange competition tho,wonder if its only for current or lapsed smokers.

blu-Logo.jpg

Can't imagine too many being happy with that on the front of the shirt (especially if the blue triangle stays, well, blue).

That's the US logo, it's inverted here.

Quite happy with this myself, I like blu ecigs and I'm quite fond of wolves too. What's not to like :)

I meant inverted colours - white for black. The US one looks better to me

:confused-smiley-013

Either way I think we'll appreciate the WhatHouse sponsorship more in hindsight.

:confused-smiley-013

Either way I think we'll appreciate the WhatHouse sponsorship more in hindsight.

Yeah the WhatHouse logo looks fairly decent, simple black lettering on gold, what's not to like?

We've had worse over the years. Doritos and the fooking awful Sporting Bet

It definitely is changing. When I renewed I was told we are getting new cards due to a new shirt sponsor.

I will be very disappointed if our shirts are sponsered by an e-cigarette company next season, especially given the lack of evidence to suggest they are actually safe to use!

I will be very disappointed if our shirts are sponsered by an e-cigarette company next season, especially given the lack of evidence to suggest they are actually safe to use!

Is there any hard evidence to say they're not safe?
Some of them are a bit sweet to smell, but last time I was at Wolves, thanks to Penk, a bloke in front of me had one and whilst it was a bit sweet, it was far better than cigarette smoke!

Is there any hard evidence to say they're not safe?
Some of them are a bit sweet to smell, but last time I was at Wolves, thanks to Penk, a bloke in front of me had one and whilst it was a bit sweet, it was far better than cigarette smoke!

nope, though there are some links to increased risk of respiritory deseases.

When it comes to potential impact on the health of people inhaling second hand smoke (i.e. not choosing to participate by actively vaping), then the responsible/moral thing to do is to is to be cautious until there is enough evidence to suggest an answer either way?

Especially as the WHO has called for a ban on vaping indoors in public areas due to the chemicals exhaled and the risk to others I think there is enough cause for concern to be wary about them.

From an article I read recently...

For an independent view, I call Professor Robert West, director of tobacco research at University College London and one of the UK’s foremost experts in smoking. He surprises me by saying the WHO’s health fears seem to be largely misplaced. Vaping isn’t smoking. It’s the act of burning, he says, that releases the cascade of toxins. “On the science, we’d say there are no grounds for banning it in public because there isn’t a risk to bystanders.” And what about the user? Critics cite the lack of long-term studies on the effects of vaping as cause for anxiety. But even if we could leap forward 20 years, these would be extremely difficult to carry out. “Almost everyone who’s vaping has smoked and many of them still do,” West points out. “How do you tease apart the effect of the vaping from the smoking?”

West believes we have to rely instead on the products’ toxicological profile. “What’s in it? Obviously, the water vapour is fine. Then you’ve got propylene glycol, which is stage smoke. That’s been tested. It does have some irritant properties, but nothing like cigarette smoke, and it doesn’t have the high level of carcinogens. The nicotine is not totally harmless by any means. I’d say, worst-case scenario, they probably carry a 20th of the risk of conventional cigarettes. Best case? Probably a hundredth.” As a smoking cessation device, he says, they’re “quite effective. They’ve probably helped around 20,000 smokers in England stop, over the last year, who otherwise would have carried on. It’s a small proportion, but it’s still 20,000 people.”

Last edited:
60 years ago people were asking is there any concrete evidence whether cigarettes themselves were dangerous.

If we are sponsored by such a company I absolutely will not buy the shirt.

Back