• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I wore my 93/94 replica on Saturday, that to me is a "Wolves" colour but then it's what I grew up with.

thomas-on-prog-cover.jpg

1_JS287956257.jpg

You can't tell me our 2018-present efforts aren't yellow in comparison.

Just not as dark as the Burrda kits and I'm good.

Dunno about the exposure on that print, Dan, the poor Bristol player is as red as his shirt!

I have been wearing a 1974 Wembley shirt the past few games, we had a 100% win record too until that stuffy Everton goal on Saturday

thomas-on-prog-cover.jpg

1_JS287956257.jpg

You can't tell me our 2018-present efforts aren't yellow in comparison.
The 93/4 shirt was horrific and orange.

The new kits are what football is supposed to be played in imo.

Can't be doing with collars on football kits, they look ridiculous. You wouldn't wear a collared t-shirt to the gym or out for a run.

Can't be doing with collars on football kits, they look ridiculous. You wouldn't wear a collared t-shirt to the gym or out for a run.
Well my tie is going to be flapping about everywhere in the gym if that's the new rule, so I don't really see how that works? Granted I'll remove my jacket but come on man, standards!

Absolutely this. Sheer madness in putting some weird collar on for no reason. We'll go back to laces if we're not careful ffs

So in summary Johnson came across like he was lying and MGW didn't turn up to lie. Next season against them is going to be toxic

Absolutely this. Sheer madness in putting some weird collar on for no reason. We'll go back to laces if we're not careful ffs
Wouldn't be totally against that, tbh

Not even a laced collar is saving that colourway

Would be interested in how the analysis changes if you treat Brighton as an outlier.

Still, don’t think anyone will be hugely surprised that we’re a bit shit at attacking.

Would be interested in how the analysis changes if you treat Brighton as an outlier.

Still, don’t think anyone will be hugely surprised that we’re a bit shit at attacking.
Worse under Lop, according to the ‘data’ (!) - although thankfully we all have eyes.

From Understat, match by match xG under Lopetegui:

Wolves 0.59-2.45 Man Utd (0-1)
Aston Villa 1.03-0.83 Wolves (1-1)
Wolves 0.81-0.74 West Ham (1-0)
Man City 3.33-0.47 Wolves (3-0)
Wolves 2.63-1.30 Liverpool (3-0)
Southampton 1.30-0.62 Wolves (1-2)
Wolves 0.91-1.15 Bournemouth (0-1)
Fulham 0.91-1.00 Wolves (1-1)
Liverpool 2.70-0.79 Wolves (2-0)
Wolves 0.56-1.26 Tottenham (1-0)
Newcastle 2.46-0.71 Wolves (2-1)
Wolves 2.76-1.65 Leeds (2-4)
Nottingham Forest 1.11-0.38 Wolves (1-1)
Wolves 0.60-0.82 Chelsea (1-0)
Wolves 0.94-1.51 Brentford (2-0)
Leicester 2.67-0.60 Wolves (2-1)
Wolves 1.13-0.58 Crystal Palace (2-0)
Brighton 3.60-0.60 Wolves (6-0)
Wolves 0.81-1.50 Aston Villa (1-0)
Man Utd 3.10-0.27 Wolves (2-0)
Wolves 1.29-2.47 Everton (1-1)

As ever with xG there are some that just don't fit with what we actually watched. How was Bournemouth's xG that high, they scored off basically their only attack and it hit Tavernier and went in? It implies that Leicester battered us when they quite obviously didn't, I'd say Brighton's xG should have been even higher than that and Everton's at the weekend looks miles too high as well.

Bloody Leeds. Hope they get relegated and don't come back.

Back