• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Games 7-12: Predictions

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
We're settled in now, we look more than at home and have what I would say is a pretty favourable run...

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) DRAW
Brighton (A) WIN
Tottenham (H) LOSS
Arsenal (A) DRAW

9 more points to give us 18 from 12.

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) WIN
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) LOSE

11 pts from 18.

Saints - Win
Palace - Win
Watford - Win
Brighton - Lose
Spurs - Draw
Arsenal - Lose

Revising Saints to a loss with news that it's being reffed by our friend Twatwell.

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) DRAW
Brighton (A) WIN
Tottenham (H) LOSS
Arsenal (A) LOSS

Conservative 8 (think anything less would be a poor return). I would be surprised if we lost to both Spurs and Arsenal though.

Based on how I've seen them play so far (having watched every game on TV), I predict the following:

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) WIN
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) DRAW

Based on how I've seen them play so far (having watched every game on TV), I predict the following:

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) WIN
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) DRAW

I love this positivity (although I do think Spurs will beat us, they're not playing brilliantly at the moment but annoyingly they have time to sort themselves out between now and then)

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) DRAW
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) LOSS (we will get a rogue result somewhere which we don't expect)
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) LOSS

I love this positivity (although I do think Spurs will beat us, they're not playing brilliantly at the moment but annoyingly they have time to sort themselves out between now and then)

Yes, my prediction may be a little too positive but I'm so impressed with what I see happening. So much so that I watched us batter Burnley live at 4:30 am. My wife thinks I'm crazy doing that, implying I've gone back to living in the 50s, but I haven't been this excited about watching Wolves since 1958-1960. It's like being a youth again! Absolutely brilliant!

More power to you man. Great that we're inspiring people again.

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) WIN
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) LOSS
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) LOSS

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) WIN
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) DRAW
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) DRAW

Surprised to see so many people putting Brighton down as a defeat, they're fucking mince. Anybody who watched them play Spurs Saturday (especially when compared to how we played at Old Trafford just a couple of hours before) really shouldn't expect us to lose to them, they were as bad as Burnley and set up like Newcastle against expansive teams. We'll beat them.

The old Cyber jinx stuff probs (we are historically crap away against them, although we did win there in 2004 and 2016)

Surprised to see so many people putting Brighton down as a defeat, they're fucking mince. Anybody who watched them play Spurs Saturday (especially when compared to how we played at Old Trafford just a couple of hours before) really shouldn't expect us to lose to them, they were as bad as Burnley and set up like Newcastle against expansive teams. We'll beat them.

Only put it down as a Loss as there will be at least one random weird result this season - might as well get it out of the way early rather than saving it till the end

For what it's worth these are mine. Got a feeling Watford may get a draw out of us, I've watched a few of their games this season and they look decent, Deeney and Gray are working well together and Hughes supports them really well. Doucoure has been pretty consistent and Holebas can whip a fucking ball in (except for Saturday when he spannered every one). Foster has made a big difference as well. Still gone for the win though.

Southampton (H) WIN
Palace (A) WIN
Watford (H) WIN
Brighton (A) DRAW
Tottenham (H) DRAW
Arsenal (A) LOSS

Only put it down as a Loss as there will be at least one random weird result this season - might as well get it out of the way early rather than saving it till the end

Leicester. That's that sorted already.

Watford have had a bit of an evolution, they're very rough and ready these days, up for a fight and I quite like their system even though it requires the fullbacks to provide all the width. Jose Holebas is an absolute wanker though, I can't stand him. I can see them getting a point here in a good old scrap of a game.

Leicester away wasn't that random - could easily lose there (though wouldn't have if the had goals 3 ins bigger)

True, although I suppose with the benefit of hindsight I was basing it on the actual performance.

Back