• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Games 7-12: Predictions

He won't do that, he drops into spaces rather than playing up against people for the most part so he'll be trying to exploit any space in between the midfield two and back three for the most part. Gray is the man who gets left higher up the pitch trying to occupy the opposition defence, he won't pose anything like that sort of physical challenge and generally it'll be Bennett or Boly directly against him anyway so Coady is free to provide cover.

Think the bigger issue with Watford could be Hughes and Pereyra as they tend to play fairly narrow and that could give them a lot of bodies in the middle of the park against Moutinho and Neves, especially with Deeney floating in behind them too, so it'll be interesting to see how the wide forwards and wingbacks adjust to cover that movement from Watford's wide players without leaving big spaces for their fullbacks to attack.

Bang on with Deeney and Gray there. Pereyra did tend to drift wide left against Fulham on Saturday, well in the first half anyway, while Hughes was sort of playing inside right. I think if Neves and Moutinho drop five yards deeper they'll stifle their front four and play through the two midfielders as our wingbacks should have a fair bit of space. If their fullbacks pick up Jonny and Doherty then Jota and Costa should have a field day. It will be interesting to watch that one unfold.

We evidently fear no-one, and have belief in ourselves.

This is so true - Nuno is not going to change his philosophy & the team/squad have confidence at this time

Don't think that any other team will relish playing us & see it as a guaranteed win - top 6 side or not.

I had hopes for this season, but currently they are exceeding expectations

Do things right this side and the other side of the international break (asking a lot for three wins but who knows) and we go into the Spurs and Arsenal games as their equals. Scary thought.

I think if we get more than 9 points people will really sit up and take notice. That said I think we will get between 6-8, which I wouldn't be too worried by

Well we got 7 in the end!

What do we think we will get in the next six..? Or maybe that is for another thread!

Back