• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Conspiracy theories are for TV shows and flat earthers.

The PGMOL aren't fit for purpose, there isn't a conspiracy just people being crap at their jobs.
Don't I think I suggest as such but glad you had a giggle.

Who is in charge of this anti-Wolves conspiracy? What is their aim? What is their motive?
I don't think it's an anti- Wolves conspiracy. I think the gambling world has significant reach to influence results to suit them and I also think some officials have personal bias that determine their decision making. We have heard it from someone who has 100% confirmed that Attwell has openly said he hates Wolves. And when you look at that first penalty decision tonight you can see that influences his thought process. Without question. When they showed what he was looking at on the VAR replay, he quickly moved on from the view that showed Semedo winning the ball and repeatedly looked at the view, over and over and over again that made it look like a foul. It was blatant. It was corrupt. It was cheating. And it influenced the result of the game. 100%.

I don't know why but there's something going on with all these borderline penalties going against us. All I know is that I'm fucking sick of it. The first one there was a camera angle that made it look like a pen, then a second that didn't. They stayed with the onfield decision. Fair enough... perhaps. Then the second one... they overturned the onfield decision when it was not "clear and obvious." Add that to the list of penalties given against us and you can't help but wonder what the fuck is going on.

Like you, I don't want to believe in conspiracy theories but you can't tell me that ref after ref and VAR ref after VAR ref isn't fucking with us. It's happened way too many times now... so no, I don't know why but I'm sick and tired of it. 13 games in and at least 6 VAR decisions that have cost us points. This is supposed to be the best league in the world and you'd think they'd get it right more than they get it wrong.

It's ridiculous. Look at the B?S surrounding Everton. How the hell do you not have a disciplinary process in place until a club breaks the 105M benchmark? The game is being run by amateurs who continually fuck things up.

I'd far rather we went back to the ref making decisions, rightly or wrongly, because they really can't fuck up the game more than it is now.
I don't disagree with the majority of this post, but you still haven't told me the who or the why. Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't think anyone is that interested in Wolves to come up with this masterplan.

Obviously it's not an anti Wolves conspiracy. I do wonder though if some of our previous seasons antics have produced an unconscious bias.
The main reason is incompetence of course and we seem to get more than our fair share.
Last night's errors are the worst so far, clearly 'clear and obvious' has been applied in 2 identical situations with opposite outcomes. In a bid to mitigate their mistakes, they're compounding them.
I'm glad Max didn't fall down and roll around but it shows you really need to to get correct decisions which is a bit weird considering the authorities, pundits and fans are always moaning about simulation.

I don't disagree with the majority of this post, but you still haven't told me the who or the why. Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't think anyone is that interested in Wolves to come up with this masterplan.
There isn't anybody doing that, it's all batshit thinking.

Obviously it's not an anti Wolves conspiracy. I do wonder though if some of our previous seasons antics have produced an unconscious bias.
I'd get that if we weren't getting penalties Jota, Neto, Podence and Trincao have all had their moments, some on multiple occasions. Don Goodman had to be decapitated to get one because of his reputation. I don't see how you unconsciously give them against us based on that though.

I don't think it's outlandish to suggest that some officials may have a negative opinion of us and that may influence their decision making. We've been quite a 'moany' team on the field for a while now, several referees have had an absolute pasting from the crowd at Molineux since we've come back up (most deserved), we had that period under Lopetegui where our players looked like they were on the verge of erupting every time the whistle was blown and our Sporting Director has recently been fined for some sort of abusive behaviour directed towards officials. Then there's the old biases which can and do affect referees decision making, smaller Midlands club etc.

It's 99% incompetence but I do think that other 1% might be that they just don't like us. It's happening far too often to be coincidence or bad luck.

I don't think it's outlandish to suggest that some officials may have a negative opinion of us and that may influence their decision making. We've been quite a 'moany' team on the field for a while now, several referees have had an absolute pasting from the crowd at Molineux since we've come back up (most deserved), we had that period under Lopetegui where our players looked like they were on the verge of erupting every time the whistle was blown and our Sporting Director has recently been fined for some sort of abusive behaviour directed towards officials. Then there's the old biases which can and do affect referees decision making, smaller Midlands club etc.

It's 99% incompetence but I do think that other 1% might be that they just don't like us. It's happening far too often to be coincidence or bad luck.
Similar to the big 6 bias, its not explicit or even intentional but its definitely there - in that case probably more fear of the reaction and over-analysis by the media.

Why would Salisbury have a grudge though? He was terrible for both teams last night, just nowhere near good enough.

I get why Attwell would and it's terrible if the PGMOL schedulers that he's anywhere near a Wolves game but some of the others? I just can't see it.

Reading some of the conspiracy stuff is hilarious.

Some people need to have a word with themselves.
I'm open minded about it. The data shows a clear bias* against wolves in the outcome of these decisions.

Trying to find rational explanations is difficult. If it was unbiased incompetence you'd expect wolves to get decisions in our favour, which doesn't seem to be happening.

*Bias as in the outcome of the decision rather than the reason for the decision

Could be a "come after one of us then you come after all of us mentality". I said after the Hobbs ban that him doing that was only likely to make matters worse when it comes to us getting fair/favourable decisions, and last night seems to prove that.

It's a combination of incompetence, unconscious bias and human nature.

I'm open minded about it. The data shows a clear bias against wolves in the outcome of these decisions.

Trying to find rational explanations is difficult. If it was unbiased incompetence you'd expect wolves to get decisions in our favour, which doesn't seem to be happening.
You'd need to know how many contentious decisions are thrown up by every team to see if Wolves, or anyone else, were disproportionately ending up on the wrong side of them. If you keep blinding swinging and dangling legs out in a congested penalty area then you're more likely to get these things given against you.

I'm open minded about it. The data shows a clear bias* against wolves in the outcome of these decisions.

*Bias as in the outcome of the decision rather than the reason for the decision
You're open minded about a conspiracy theory without evidence?

You realise how completely crackers that sounds?

Are you open minded about the earth being flat, chemtrails, lizard people and a NWO?

If you keep blinding swinging and dangling legs out in a congested penalty area then you're more likely to get these things given against you.
I wouldn't phrase it like this, nor does it make incorrect decisions acceptable, but we need to stop making challenges in those positions unless there is real danger. Tbf Hwang did, the other 3 didn't need to be made.

Could be a "come after one of us then you come after all of us mentality". I said after the Hobbs ban that him doing that was only likely to make matters worse when it comes to us getting fair/favourable decisions, and last night seems to prove that.

It's a combination of incompetence, unconscious bias and human nature.
Why though? They're arbiters of the game, if there was even 1 whistleblower that confirmed this the PGMOL would be suspended and people would lose their jobs immediately.

Why would anybody risk that, it's just too much risk.

I think pretty much every team thinks The System is against them, whether it's VAR, scheduling or what have you.

There's not an agenda against Wolves. It's not gambling mafia. It's just inconsistency and incompetence

I think what’s annoyed me most about last night having slept on it, is that GON was too proud to change his silly lopsided 442 when it clearly wasn’t working. He even got given a chance to change it when RAN got injured. To then say he “liked us in the first half” is baffling too

Back