• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Imagine the conspiracies behind ex players decisions.

Attwell is a Luton fan by the way, and goes to their games when he can, I wonder how that influences things. (Wouldn't have thought it would have tonight)
Yeah, I know, I considered that. They would have to be totally above suspicion. Not easy.

The ref was shocking all night.

Just the little things that are just awful and avoidable. Not booking Reed and then not even acknowledging Robinson wiping out Bellegarde. Then booking Gomes for a slightly mistimed coming together where he stays on his feet. The least yellow card worthy tackle gets a yellow card… That massively affects the game for all those players.

Lemina getting a yellow card when he didn’t even make a tackle. How has the ref seen something yellow card worthy? Basically Cairney through himself to the ground so just guesses.

Then actually watches Vinicius nut him but do nothing?

Damn, Gary's spittin'.

Just the little things that are just awful and avoidable. Not booking Reed and then not even acknowledging Robinson wiping out Bellegarde. Then booking Gomes for a slightly mistimed coming together where he stays on his feet. The least yellow card worthy tackle gets a yellow card… That massively affects the game for all those players.

Lemina getting a yellow card when he didn’t even make a tackle. How has the ref seen something yellow card worthy? Basically Cairney through himself to the ground so just guesses.

Then actually watches Vinicius nut him but do nothing?
it's almost worse with Vinicius, he DID see it and thought a yellow was OK.

More contact than Lewis Cook, Rodri and all the others. I don’t blame Kilman. If you’re not a cheat, you’re not a cheat. He’s pointed it out to the ref, they haven’t acted
I agree that's how it should be, it's not the reality though. The reality is to do what Hwang or Lockyer did, you have to sell it or you are relying on them doing the right thing or bottling it, less likelihood of the latter if you go down. That's just the way it is.

I agree that's how it should be, it's not the reality though. The reality is to do what Hwang or Lockyer did, you have to sell it or you are relying on them doing the right thing or bottling it, less likelihood of the latter if you go down. That's just the way it is.
Yeah I agree with that, shouldn't need to make a meal of it but tonight shows you have to.

Well it’s incredibly frustrating, especially sitting slap bang in the middle of a bunch of people who couldn’t seem to care less about football either way. Obviously we’ve been harshly treated there. However, we offered very little in the game and failed to make changes to impact the game in any way against really lacklustre opposition. A depressing evening - but I enjoyed the Eight Bells, both on the way in and, briefly, on the return. Decent view from the new stand. Lamentably under resourced urinal facilities though.

On the game. We just have no real ball progression without direct running. No one is really good in possession, this is why we struggle against the poorer teams where we can’t just be direct with running and counters.

Hwang gets in good positions and is largely a good ball carrier but his use of the ball is poor. Cunha the same without the goal scoring bit. Bellegarde clearly has great ball skills at times but drifts in and out. Semedo does zero other than stretch the pitch giving us that release but nothing comes of it, RAN beats players for fun, but again it’s just direct running - has actually created a few openings with cut backs though which we haven’t taken. Doc was s disgrace 🤣

Then Lemina and the CBs are all deep. No one really getting on the ball in the final third and being creative. Sarabia on paper is that guy but despite rhe heroics against Spurs, that is a massive exception.

Sasa is completely wasted becuse of all this. We get no one near him and were just a vertical running team and don’t get any decent interplay around him as the team is so stretched. The answer would be a back 4, which I was against but given we’ve lost (or taken little points from) the majority of these games around us then we probably need to give it a go.

What's so funny Tony?
As you ask your whole victim complex entertains me. Nothing is a poor decision, or a terrible call or just incompetence. Everything has to be part of some wider conspiracy.

"It just seems like whichever sport it is, it doesn't make any difference as the result is arbitrarily decided by whichever team the officials fancy that day. Once you legalise the links between the gambling industry and sport then you forfeit the pretence that you have an honest and fair competition"

You are saying one of Salisbury/Atwell or both plus last night's officiating crew were paid off. It's all a bit silly

Last edited:
There’s no “get wolves out the pl” conspiracy
A. Not sure why anyone would want or risk it.
B. Just think how many would need to be in on it and be reliant that no one’s morals force them to be the whistleblower.
Sub conscious bias possibly most humans have them.

As you ask your whole victimhood complex entertains me. Nothing is a poor decision or a terrible call or just incompetence. Everything has to be part of some wider conspiracy.

"It just seems like whichever sport it is, it doesn't make any difference as the result is arbitrarily decided by whichever team the officials fancy that day. Once you legalise the links between the gambling industry and sport then you forfeit the pretence that you have an honest and fair competition"
I think he's got a point tbh. The amount of money swirling through the game and the amount gambled surely leaves the door open to corruption.

We've seen it before when flood lights kept "failing".

I'm not saying officials are bought to get certain results, but you could certainly understand suspicions.

Back