• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Wow, that Semedo one is a shocker. Just seen a slowed down replay on Sky Sports and Semedo gets the ball, then his foot is planted on the floor and Cairney’s boot/big toe touches it while he’s throwing himself down.

Carragher now saying their second penalty is extremely harsh. He’s said as the referee hasn’t given it, it’s “not a clear and obvious error”.

Essentially, we’ve been fucked by VAR again. You can’t help but feel there’s an agenda against us. It’s just happened too many times now.

I’d like the club to release an official statement tomorrow.

Wow, that Semedo one is a shocker. Just seen a slowed down replay on Sky Sports and Semedo gets the ball, then his foot is planted on the floor and Cairney’s boot/big toe touches it while he’s throwing himself down.

Carragher now saying their second penalty is extremely harsh. He’s said as the referee hasn’t given it, it’s “not a clear and obvious error”.

Essentially, we’ve been fucked by VAR again. You can’t help but feel there’s an agenda against us. It’s just happened too many times now.

Yeah I never used to get into any of this agenda stuff but the evidence is mounting!

Hard to tell on pen decisions from away end or what happened with Vinicius so got nothing to add on that

We were set up terribly, played terribly and were managed terribly in game. That’s on the manager.

Yep if the first isn't clear and obvious it's not a penalty (even though Semedo clearly gets the ball first) then the second isn't clear and obvious that it's a foul.

Guess who was on VAR Vs man united?

Michael Salisbury

I'm done

The Semedo one just isn’t a pen. Not only did he get a big chunk of the ball, there wasn’t really any contact. Then they kept showing the other replay which made it look like there might of been contact - dodgy as fuck.

Out off all the pens we’ve given, that one on Wilson is the clearest. Does it meet this mystery threshold? Fuck knows. Players are idiots though taking touches in the box and then going to clear it. How many times!

A draw would have been a fair result between two fairly mediocre teams. Atwell sending the ref to the screen ruined it. Our best players were Lemina and J Gomes in my view.

Our centre halves weren't good enough with the ball. Playing three centre halves can can be really limiting, and if you stick a lumbering has-been right wing-back on at left midfield ahead of Pablo Sarabia then you kind of get what you deserve.

Cunha was good in parts, but should've come off a lot sooner as he was knackered. Sasa was very poor. Watching him trying to press is comical. We've got to find out how to play to his strengths (whatever they are) or stop playing him.

Curate's egg from Hwang, as ever. Trying to spray cross field balls with your weaker foot and setting up a Fulham attack as a result isn't an ideal use of the adrenaline you've got going on after scoring.

The VAR checks all took way too long and I've no idea how Vinicious didn't get a red.

Disappointing - from us and from the officials.

Didn`t deserve to lose, didn`t deserve to win. All in all, a bad night for us. No points, Lemina and Gomes to miss the next game and an injury to Ait-Nouri. As for their penalties, I`d have wanted them if they had been against us. As for the head butt, if Lemina had done that, he would have been red carded in an instant.

A draw would have been a fair result between two fairly mediocre teams. Atwell sending the ref to the screen ruined it. Our best players were Lemina and Mario in my view.
Lemina and Mario? Mistake, or just a point about it was like there were 2 of him? :ROFLMAO:

Few thoughts
Just seen their penalties, lost for words now. If you are giving the first for not being clear and obvious, then sending the ref to look at the second is contradictory. Not seen ours back, but that was down our end and was soft, but again in the land of clear and obvious isn't being overturned. If there isn't a conspiracy and I don't know why there would be, then we are unlucky to a degree that's unfathomable.

Subs were wrong, of the options he had when RAN went off then Doherty was 4 at best and played like it.

Sasa is a very specific type of player, you have to get players around him and play off him, sliding balls around the outside for him to run onto is pointless and makes him look worse than he is. Play to his strengths or only being him on for the last 5 mins and just swing balls in.

We started the game like we'd believed a bit of our own bullshit.

This will look like sour grapes, but other than a picturesque ground Fulham offer nothing to the PL. Have abandoned their traditional fanbase and are only interested in the tourist pound paying obscene prices leading to a sterile atmosphere. It's not happening this year, but there's a number of clubs I'd rather see in the PL than them.

Has a more bang average player ever had a better record against one club than Iwobi does against us?

The kind of game where I question my love of the game.
2 poor teams huffing and puffing.
GARY.....why? Doc at LWB/LM when we have Bueno and Sarabia on the bench, thought you'd got over these aberrations.
After getting the second equaliser don't go defensive and call them on to us.
I'm afraid Sasa is like playing with 10 men, he's decent enough on the ball but he is glacial around the pitch.
2 more contentious penalties against us, both marginal at best so why is the first one not clear and obvious mistake and worth a look but the other is.

Yeah, The home support was absolutely atrocious. Basically politely applauded their first goal

Self inflicted that is.

Say what you want about VAR but we made it immediately harder for ourselves sending that useless gormless prick Doherty on in the wrong position rather than the LWB who's just signed a 5 year contract extension.

That pattern of the wrong set up or subs and/or player taken off persisted throughout the remainder of the game.

Tonight is equal parts O'Neil and equal parts VAR.

I've said before we can't control the shower of useless cunts at PGMOL so focus on what we can control, if we've done everything right on that side then focus on the former.

Tonight we are way short to criticise PGMOL without looking bitter at our own failures. Fulham were shite and there for the taking.
Exactly this. No idea why GoN changed formation and style. Sat deep, didn't press high to start, got punished. Stuck Doc on, go to 3-4-3, press high, instantly look better and score.

Come out for the second half and do the same as the first. Get punished with a shit decision. Our passing, movement and attacking output was dreadful after that and he stuck with the shit 4-4-2. We got lucky lumping it at a player and getting a knock down, Stoke-lite.

They might be the 3 worst substitutes I've seen. I never want to see Doc in a Wolves shirt again or Doyle as a right midfielder, he literally had no pace or skill to play that position. No Sarabia or Bueno was completely bizarre.

That's on the manager.

He got it wrong tonight. Deserved praise for Spurs and criticism tonight. He needs to go back to 3-4-3 and play players in the right positions and with the right tempo.

We got done by the pens but put ourselves in the worst position possible by shit decisions all round from players and management.

Iwobi's and Harvey Elliott's records against us are weird.
I like Toti a lot generally, and in certain moments today he was fine, but the fact it took him almost the entire first half to realize that Iwobi’s only move is a glacier-esque Arjen Robben impression was… disappointing.

Back