• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (H) build up

Looking forward to this one, attending with a mate after the enjoyable chaos of a full family outing on Saturday. My son's new Wolves duvet cover lasted to Corby on the way home before getting covered in exorcist style vomit, but he still seemed to look back on the day with happy memories. Interested to see what changes are made to the front four, if any, with the tight schedule. Be good to do the double over them, and a rare one for me in that I'll have seen both games. They were woeful in December, so more of that would be fine.

Looking forward to this one, attending with a mate after the enjoyable chaos of a full family outing on Saturday. My son's new Wolves duvet cover lasted to Corby on the way home before getting covered in exorcist style vomit, but he still seemed to look back on the day with happy memories. Interested to see what changes are made to the front four, if any, with the tight schedule. Be good to do the double over them, and a rare one for me in that I'll have seen both games. They were woeful in December, so more of that would be fine.

That can happen after too many Bathams....

Out of interest, our record with Lambert as manager and Cavaleiro starting:

P10 W6 D1 L3 F21 A16 Pts 19

I don't know if you have it, Dan, but the really interesting stat might be our record this season with Hause starting at CB and without him starting

Hause starts:

P18 W6 D7 L5 F25 A21 Pts 25

Hause doesn't start:

P20 W7 D2 L11 F24 A28 Pts 23

Last edited:
Intriguing. Quite interesting to see that if he doesn't start our chances of losing increase massively. Pretty important in a defensive role.

Someone on twitter yesterday said that we have something like 2.12 PPG when Lee Evans starts?

Nah...

P9 W5 D2 L2 F16 A9 Pts 17

And that includes Blues away where he went off after about 20 minutes.

No, not at all. He deserves to be in the team at the moment anyway.

We've got this nailed. Start Hause, Evans, Cavaleiro and put Weimann up front every game and we're laughing (I think Coady's stats at RB are actually halfway reasonable too, I did put them together a few weeks ago and we did better with him there than anyone else, we've even won some more games since)

What is Matt Hill up to these days?

Haha!

I really hope Iorfa gets an opportunity again. In the game at Reading apparently he did fine? Nowhere to be seen since, as it has been mentioned by several people, so strange. He is too talented a defender to just give up on. And is somewhat better than Coady looking ahead to next season too.

I've seen a few ITK types allude to some kind of off-field issue with Iorfa, which may well be the case. Not sure it's that weird news story from a couple of weeks ago about the club trying to force him to declare for England instead of Nigeria, though, that didn't sound credible.

Iorfa's obviously been knocking Lamberts door in the wrong way... Lamberts not going to alienate him for no reason.

Haha!

I really hope Iorfa gets an opportunity again. In the game at Reading apparently he did fine? Nowhere to be seen since, as it has been mentioned by several people, so strange. He is too talented a defender to just give up on. And is somewhat better than Coady looking ahead to next season too.

Coady was excellent on Saturday against a tricky little winger. If he can find a bit more going forward and work on his crossing, he's a very viable option there now. He should never be seen in our midfield ever again.

Looks like Graham and Zyro came through their game ok. All smiles on Instagram.

Unchanged tonight.

As soon as Ikeme wasn't available that was an absolute no brainer.

Cyber, how much are you putting on Mancienne to get on the score sheet?

Just me that thinks Costa looks uncomfortable in the warm up? He has spent a lot of time with the medics and tried new boots for some reason (the discomfort still remained)

As soon as Ikeme wasn't available that was an absolute no brainer.

Concur - unless Ikeme was fit then it had to be the same 11

Win the next couple of games & that's us completely done & dusted as regards any further worries (& probably won't need as many points as that) - get them now & start planning for next season

Back