• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (H) build up

Think this will be a tougher game than Saturday. Clough and Assombalonga up front could cause Batth problems. We have enough going forward though to hopefully score at least a couple against their poor defence.

I would take their two wide players Ben Brereton and Ben Osborn to Wolves in a heartbeat should Forest get relegated.

Really? Ahead of our current wide options? Plus Graham and Zyro?

Sign as Osborn as a left back then, I suppose.

Wing is the ONE position where we actually have some riches.

Brereton almost scored a worldy at the weekend. Amazing run but just missed the finish.

Brereton almost scored a worldy at the weekend. Amazing run but just missed the finish.

He's actually playing out of position wide right, in general he is a powerhouse centre forward who can also play down the left flank. To look at him you wouldn't think him 17 the lads a beast.

He's actually playing out of position wide right, in general he is a powerhouse centre forward who can also play down the left flank. To look at him you wouldn't think him 17 the lads a beast.

You mean just like Bod?

I think Fosun will have better things to do this summer than negotiate for four months with Fawaz. The man's a nightmare.

Osborn is tidy enough but not as good as what we have let alone what we might sign. Not seen Brereton other than brief clips.

If there's a player we want from this lot - and I don't think we want to be looking at snapping up players wholesale from a club that have been absolute shite for years - then it's clearly Assombalonga, but only on our terms.

Osborn holds the width better than what Wolves have at the moment which comes in useful particularly at home when your trying to expand the pitch. He gives you energy up and down all game and could be a possibility if Lambert wishes to continue with midfielder/full backs. Good shot on him as well.

I'd be tempted by Clough to be honest, providing he's over his injury.

Sounds like Graham may be involved in some capacity.

I think there's some kind of a reserve friendly being played tomorrow afternoon. Graham and Zyro are involved in that, not the first team game.

Ah ok. It did seem to be a bit premature as I hasn't seen him involved in any of the u23 games.

I think there's some kind of a reserve friendly being played tomorrow afternoon. Graham and Zyro are involved in that, not the first team game.
Silvio, Graham, Zyro & CBJ in the squad for the friendly. Paul Gladon has also been found and will play.

Christ I completely forgot Gladon existed. An all time great signing that one.

'On another day he puts both those shots in the stand and we go on to get a point'

All I can think of when we play Forest.

Out of interest, our record with Lambert as manager and Cavaleiro starting:

P10 W6 D1 L3 F21 A16 Pts 19

Back