• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Trivia questions

I just impressed/lost all respect from my colleagues (delete as appropriate) by naming both starting XIs in the 1990 FA Cup Final (the first game, not the replay).

I have no idea how I know this but I evidently do.

Weirdo!

I just impressed/lost all respect from my colleagues (delete as appropriate) by naming both starting XIs in the 1990 FA Cup Final (the first game, not the replay).

Impressive stuff.

Is the Ballon D'Or treble winner Platini?

They'd probably be the same back then.

Impressive stuff.

Is the Ballon D'Or treble winner Platini?

Oui, Monsieur, tres bein.

Next:

Name the only two players to have won the Champions League and the World Cup in the same year.

Roberto Carlos and Christian Karembeu?

For your information:

Palace: Martyn, Pemberton, O'Reilly, Thorne, Shaw, Gray, Barber, Thomas, Bright, Pardew, Salako

Man Utd: Leighton, Martin, Bruce, Pallister, Phelan, Webb, Robson, Ince, Wallace, McClair, Hughes.

1 point off for getting Thorne wrong.

Sorry, Thorn. Been reading too much David Thorne recently.

I think the only change in the replay was Les Sealey in for Jim Leighton - unsure if Ian Wright started after his double in the first game.

Wright was still sub I think - not fit enough to start, he'd broken his leg earlier in the season and shouldn't really have made the bench by rights in the first place, I'm not sure he'd played any games at all for months before the final.

Name the 5 footballers who have won SPOTY since 1954...

Ryan Giggs
Paul Gascoigne
Bobby Moore
Michael Owen
David Beckham

Yeah, too easy really. Shoulkd've asked before the SPOTY discussion last week.
Have had fun with that one at work though. everyone seems able to only get 4.

Before we discussed it last week I wouldn't have got Giggs, I'd forgotten all about that.

Worst was the fella who didn't get Bobby Moore!!!

FWIW, Hurst was the runner up that year.

Two Irish internationals have scored Premier League hat-tricks. Name them.

Leon bloody Best for Newcastle! Christ knows how he managed that.

Back