• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Ended up 7th, had a pretty miserable run from February onwards, winning only 4 league games.

A last day 90th minute winner by Wigan, against us sent Newcastle down on GD so I can hopefully raid them for Cabaye an Tiote.

What the hell? How is he only worth £425? I doubt you'll get a work permit for him though.

Just getting back into my second season, it's been a while since I've played making all of those facepacks. We're 7 points clear at the top of the league, in the League Cup final against Stoke and have the second leg against Juventus to come up. I'm going to have to go back through results because I don't remember being top of the league.

What the hell? How is he only worth £425? I doubt you'll get a work permit for him though.

I have no idea, I presume it's because he's from some obscure country, but I'm not complaining! Yeah he did fail his work permit first time and I'm waiting for a second hearing, really hoping he gets it!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

$#@!ing hell, he looks mint. It's always a buzz when you find a class regen.

I know yeah, and then helping their career progress, quite looking forward to it if I can get him a work permit.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I was going to buy it the other day but I can't be arsed doing all the training and dealing with arsey players, I just like buying picking a formation and playing games.

You can do that, you just need to set your assistant to do the rest.

Lost 4-3 at home to Juventus (after hitting the post three times), but it was enough to see us through 6-5 on aggregate. Thrilling game, one of my favourites I can remember in FM. Griffiths and Wilfried are on fire, 34 goals between them (20 for Griffiths) in the Premier going into February. I'll post my squad up tomorrow night.

I've just finished my first season with Northampton, got them promoted in 2nd on 98 points which is incredible really. What is even more incredible is that Swindon finished on 114! For the first ever time I have managed to get a 4-5-1/4-3-3 working on FM so I'm pretty happy, Pablo Counago scored over 30 goals after I signed him and is pretty much the reason I went up. Also signed Kelvin Etuhu in January on a free who was outstanding also. One problem is going to be that I did a bit of a Bolton and relied on loans quite a lot so those players will have to be replaced in the summer.

Well, summer two, was given £24m for a European finish. I bought a fabulous looking young left back for £6m, a forward called Brown Ideye who looks a beast for £12m, Alex Smithies as I’ll have to sell Hennessey soon, Seamus Coleman on loan, and a young belarussian kid who’ll play on either flank or at AM.

I let Bentley go back, but they wanted £6m to buy him with is ridiculous, despite his 20-odd assists.

I’m fed up of these tough starts to the season, though. West Ham away (they finished 6th last year), Cited away and Liverpool at home. Finished those three with 2 points, but then won my next our so I’m currently in 2nd. Tough Champions’ League group, with Inter, PSV and Young Boys – so basically between me and PSV for second. Drew 0-0 at Phillips Stadion, and hammered Young Boys. So to speak.

I’m struggling to shift my fringe players though. Milijas went for £4m, but can’t give Henry away, or Foley, and Doyler’s not attracting any interest either. Also getting annoyed at loans. I’ve got some quality u21s, want no money, no recall clause, no wage contribution, no restrictions, and nobody bids for them.

Beat Man City 3-0 in the return leg of the CL Quarter Final (I'm something of their bogey team, and that gave me a 4-2 win on aggregate), so now I'm through to the semi's and have been drawn against Barcelona. They're going to rip us to shreds.

Last edited:
January 1st in season two.

Two points clear at the top, scored more and conceded less than United and Citeh in joint second. Some great results this season – beating Barca AET in the super cup, and beating Inter at Molineux. We were on a 16 game unbeaten run, but a horrific Christmas schedule (4 games in 7 days!) but an end to that, as 19th place Cardiff hit me with a smash and grab despite my 20-odd attempts.

Rodriguez, my 20 year old left back has been a star, as has Walker on the other side. Caulker, Kaboul, Berra and RoJo are all performing well at centre half.

Kites with Coleman backing him up on the right, and Jarvis with Villavuezen on the left, and Popov playing either side. Mariga is a beast of a defensive midfielder, Fathi as 1st reserve. JOH and Christian Erikkson as the quality in there. Up front is Fletcher, Ideye, Wilfried and Griffiths, and they’re all scoring plenty. I’ve really struggled to sell fringe players though. Doyle, Henry, SEB, all good players that nobody wants.

I’m doubtful that we’ll keep this form up, as despite the results there have been games where we’ve laboured to a result and you can’t expect to do that forever, but we should be top 4 again. Making good progress in the Champions’ league – obviously that depends on the draw!

Not much going to happen in January; I’ve bid for Lars Bender on a free, and will sell Fathi in the summer, and that’s about it.

Some good name to investigate their Del.
Cheers blood.

Just about to start second season, my XI is:

Hennessey, Kyle Walker, RoJo, Friedrich, Ward, Kightly, Tiote, O'Hara, Javi Garcia, Adam Johnson, Fletcher.

We're shit hot, top of the league with 29 points from 11 games and currently 1-0 up at WHU thanks to a Tiote 40 yard piledriver. Beat Arsenal 3-1 at the Emirates and drew with Man Utd at Molineux. Only other dropped points were a 90th minute equaliser from Blackburn.

Gonna start up a new save with Wolves, what league do you guys usually select? I don't think I choose enough

England (Down to BSP), and then top 2 of Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Brazil and Argentina. I've got Eredivisie, Belgian Premier League and Liga Sagres on my current game too.

I only choose England down to League Two on mine with medium database.

Sometimes have Argentina and Brazil on 'view only'

Back