• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

So, I've sacked every member of the backroom staff and am now looking for good quality staff additions, preferably British.

I notice you picked up Coton, he's my assistant manager too. Bryan Klug is an OK coach, and there is some guy at Blackburn whose name I can't remember (I think he's a youth coach), grab him, he's fucking mustard. You'll have ot be quick though or someone else will get him. Just look through their coaches, you'll know who I mean as soon as you see him.

I had to go for McDermott (hudds) in my first year but got Coton in my second season.

Martin Keown is brilliant as is Neri or Di Salvo at one of the bigger teams

I never really thought about a backroom staff overhaul. Is it worth doing?

Definitely. Look at your training schedules and how better coaches have better star ratings in different areas. It's a massive part of the game and you're at a disadvantage if you don't utilise it. If you want some training schedules sending over just let me know, and ideally you want at least one coach for each area of training.

I'll have a look into it tonight I think. I, like MM, have totally entrusted Connor with the job!

Had a very decent pre season, unbeaten and put in a great performance to hold Roma.

Signed, Wilfried for 2.5m and Danny Wilson and Francis Coquelin on season long loan deals.

Won my first 3 games, dominated Bolton 3-1, ground out a superb victory over Chelsea and wonder strikes from super subs Milijas and SEB turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 victory in the last 10 minutes.

Next up, Man City who took a 2-0 lead inside 15 minutes and I feared the worst. I decided to sit back until half time and they didn't bother me again in the first 45. We came firing out of the blocks in the second half and Doyle capitalised on an error at the back to make it 2-1 and we battered them for the rest of the game but were unable to grab an equaliser, Fletch coming agonizingly close with a chip that hit the bar. Jarvis has come off the bench in each game, and been injured within 5 minutes on two occasions, leaving me with 10 men with 20 minutes remaining against Chelsea, and for 35 minutes against Man City. He's now out for 2 months.

We're now in early Feb of season two. After the nightmare start, we went unbeaten in the league for 18 games until Chelsea beat us. three points from Arsenal, United and Liverpool, and a defeat against Citeh has made January one to forget, but we're in fifth, 2 points off second with - in theory - a stack of winnable games left. got Stuttgart to come in the first KO round of the Europa league, beat Villa in the League Cup semis, and Leeds in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Didn't buy anybody in January.

Wilfried, Fletcher, Doyle and Griffiths have scored 50 goals between them, with Bentley and Jarco chipping in nicely. Hoping we can sneak top four, and then start with the old '1 or 2 big signings per summer' strategy. Probably left back and right wing priority, or an upgraded defensively minded CM. Some of the youngsters are doing very well, but my big season one young buys (Jordan Mutch and Harry Kane) doen't seem to be developing too well. This summer's wave look a lot more promising though, even after just over half a year at the club.

I too have had a gradual revamp of scouting and coaching teams, but not done too much in terms of training schedule changes.

Mutch and Kane are decent but nothing special. I've given a few of our most promising youngsters IRL random potentials as they're only going to become Blue Square Premier players if they fulfill their potential, so I'll try and nurture them.

All my coaches are at least 4*.

Another 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford, again 2 early goals killed off my hopes pretty early on. Followed it up by pummelling Everton, 20 shots but a frankly horrific 2 on target, with the majority from good positions. In the end, Foley popped up in the 80th minute with a fantastic far post header.

Coquelin has been outstanding so far.

None of my strikers can hit a barn door in the league, Wilfried doesn't get into any good positions, Fletcher drags everything wide. SEB has scored a hatful in the League Cup.

Sunderland have scored 1 goal in 11 games!

I've got 17 points from 11 and sit sixth. We were trounced 3-0 and 4-0 by Liverpool and Arsenal respectively and had a 5 game run without winning but have won the last two against Newcastle and Sunderland, who both reside in the relegation zone. We were denied a victory against Spurs by a 90th minute Modric wonder strike but we're very comfortable in our current position.

We've not really had any star performers, none of the strikers are doing much (Wilfried scored his first goal in the 3-1 win at Sunderland). Henry has been outstanding in a couple of games, but had shockers in others, Hunt has scored some very important goals including a tremendous finish to seal the points against the Mackems.

I set the target for the season as mid-table, but am aiming for a top ten.

Elokobi has an average rating of 7.72! He's an absolute rock.

We're on fire now, probably aided by a favourable run of fixtures. Played 19 and we're 6th on 36 points on the eve of the January window.

I agreed a deal to sign Tiote for 7m, but cancelled it as Henry and Coquelin are battling it out for the ball winning role and are both doing fantastic jobs.

What a season. Defended the Laegue Cup, beat Chelsea in the Europa League final, and secured 3rd with a 3-2 win at home to Albion!

Griffiths, Fletch, Wilfried and Doyler have scored 64 goals between them, Kaboul 13 on his own (!) Bents got 21 assists in 39 games, ERikkson 16, anf Jarvo 14. Only two players with 10+ starts scored under 7/10. Great season. Now to clear out a bit of dead wood, and see what money I get next month,....

26 points from a possible 30, including a 5-0 spankin against Fulham and 7-1 against Norwich. Dropped points were a 3-3 at Stamford Bridge and 0-0 at the Britannia.

Very hard run coming up though, so I'm expecting to fall away from the lofty heights of third!

Can you add the facepacks etc in during the saved game or does it have to be at the beginning?

Add them in whenever you want.

I've got the cut-out megapack. Yours look good Boozad, I just prefer the basic cut out shape.

Back