• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Final points total

How many points will we end up with this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If in the space of 16 years we suffer 2 collapses, Back to back relegations and 2 7th place finishes by a matter of 1-2 goals we can consider ourselves an unlucky bunch as fans.
Especially those of a similar age to me old enough to have relatives bang on about 50’s and 70s but then we get to endure the 90s numerous false dawns and heartaches.

Cyber is a closet Baggies/Villa/Cardiff fan if that's the case.

Not a chance. For once we have to have faith. For years we have been a bunch of doom goblins ( me included). We are where we are for footballing reasons not luck. We are one of the best 2 teams in the league on form and on squad. We are 13 clear with 13 to play. We have games against Burton Sheff wed Hull Blues and Reading to come at home. Win those and we are all but there (88 points) reagardless of Derby, Villa Cardiff and Fulham games. This is not the time to soil ones underkecks! I do want us to stop chatting about records though. I just want promotion and thats within touching distance, even closer after this coming saturday!

Cyber is a closet Baggies/Villa/Cardiff fan if that's the case.

Not a chance. For once we have to have faith. For years we have been a bunch of doom goblins ( me included). We are where we are for footballing reasons not luck. We are one of the best 2 teams in the league on form and on squad. We are 13 clear with 13 to play. We have games against Burton Sheff wed Hull Blues and Reading to come at home. Win those and we are all but there (88 points) reagardless of Derby, Villa and Fulham games. This is not the time to soil ones underkecks! I do want us to stop chatting about records though. I just want promotion and thats within touching distance, even closer after this coming saturday! As regards this thread out of 40 posters NO-ONE has gone for under 90 points so NO-ONE thinks we are not going to do it!

The worst last 13 games runs in by champions is Cardiff City who won 3 drew 8 lost 2 of their last 13 games in 2012-13 and won the league by 8 points with a total of 87 points. Lets just say we match that and that still gives us 90 points! On top of that 8 draws would have to include taking some points off Villa , Fulham Cardiff as well so they dont close the gap as part of those 8 draws. I really am with the bookies on this. The best price today is 50/1 ON for promotion. The worst price is 1000/1 ON for promotion. Have you ever seen a skint bookie?

I remember Noel Gallagher talking on Sky a few months ago about Man City before they played Arsenal. He was talking to his son (I think) who was saying it'll be fine, and it's 'only Arsenal' and that City are a far better side - Noel just couldn't make his mind work like that! But Noel has had a lifetime of supporting City where the phrases 'only Arsenal' and 'City are a far better side' simply don't compute, despite it being correct. He accepted the kid was right but that it felt weird to accept the reality of Man City in the present day.

I think a lot of our fans think the same and have this irrational paranoia that something will go wrong 'because it's Wolves'.

Well it won't. Because this is a different club. We have better players, a better manager and - on top of this - we have a better lead at the top with 13 games to go. Common sense needs to kick in with anyone stupid enough to think we're going to blow it 'because we're Wolves'.

I remember Noel Gallagher talking on Sky a few months ago about Man City before they played Arsenal. He was talking to his son (I think) who was saying it'll be fine, and it's 'only Arsenal' and that City are a far better side - Noel just couldn't make his mind work like that! But Noel has had a lifetime of supporting City where the phrases 'only Arsenal' and 'City are a far better side' simply don't compute, despite it being correct. He accepted the kid was right but that it felt weird to accept the reality of Man City in the present day.

I think a lot of our fans think the same and have this irrational paranoia that something will go wrong 'because it's Wolves'.

Well it won't. Because this is a different club. We have better players, a better manager and - on top of this - we have a better lead at the top with 13 games to go. Common sense needs to kick in with anyone stupid enough to think we're going to blow it 'because we're Wolves'.

Pretty spot on mate I think I’m the biggest culprit of a paranoid behaviour and still think it’s the same bunch that let it slip 16 years ago. It’s hard to shake at times remember feeling similar after we lost at Crawley in league 1 only for us to go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Having a half-time drink in the concourse last night and there were a few people implying it’s far from done. Well it’s not mathematically done or officially done but I’d seriously put my house on us.

It’s greed a lot of the times other this situation at the start of the season and everyone is ecstatic.

There is definitely a nervous expectation of it to all go to shit again in the North Bank even if it is irrational. It's a nervousness I don't think would exist if 2002 hadn't happened.

There is definitely a nervous expectation of it to all go to $#@! again in the North Bank even if it is irrational. It's a nervousness I don't think would exist if 2002 hadn't happened.

Absolutey doesn’t help either there’s another local rival lurking in the background. But as has been side we weren’t that good a side in 01/02. Plus the run Albion went on in the last 9 games no one could have foreseen.

Don't think we will quite be able to maintain our ppm for the rest of the season so I'm going for 97

I still think we'll beat 100, but since the Forest game the sense of barreling towards that Reading record has dissipated. Sticking to 102ish.

I've gone between 96 and 99...A nice steady run of results below our season average and I don't care as it'll do nicely

Back