• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Heard a familiar accent in a Manhattan bar a few years back. Got chatting and transpired they'd emigrated from Wolves to Australia. Getting on beautifully until they started talking about the indigenous population.
White Australian sportsman is accused of domestic violence, the public reaction - "this is tragic, so out of character and he needs all the support and help that's available".

Black Australian sportsman is accused of domestic violence, the public reaction - "typical".

Heard a familiar accent in a Manhattan bar a few years back. Got chatting and transpired they'd emigrated from Wolves to Australia. Getting on beautifully until they started talking about the indigenous population.
I’m not really amazed. Just have to make sure I never go the same way as I don’t believe in that shit at all.

Worst thing is I can’t see it ever changing now. This looks very much like a one shot thing, although I haven’t heard what Albanese has had to say about it yet.

It still surprises me, wonder what the actual fear the white population is of the indigenous people.

Wonder if there’s a lot of repressed guilt involved. Voting yes would be admitting that you’ve repressed and murdered an entire people for centuries.

Wonder if there’s a lot of repressed guilt involved. Voting yes would be admitting that you’ve repressed and murdered an entire people for centuries.
Whenever any programme is filmed on aboriginal land there is always a statement of acknowledgement that they were here first. Worst kind of lip service that I’m sure makes them feel a grand total of 0% better.

Think there some truth in this, no-one likes to admit they're wrong, especially something as important and controversial as this.

Whenever any programme is filmed on aboriginal land there is always a statement of acknowledgement that they were here first. Worst kind of lip service that I’m sure makes them feel a grand total of 0% better.
That happens in every meeting I have with Aussies or in Oz too.

Only a quite recent phenomenon (within the last five years?).

Watched something recently that did that, seemed forced and strange.

Wouldn't be informed enough to have a view tbf. Think it was the 10 Pound Poms programme, presumably a BBC production in conjunction with an Aussie broadcaster

I certainly noticed during my last trip (2022/23) that when you now enter areas there is signage denoting the original people who lived there, eg The Central Coast home of the Darkinjung & Awabakal.

I started noticing it in Masterchef Australia series 12 so I would say about 5 years yes. And it is government enforced lip service uttered between gritted teeth.

Indeed it is, not surprising and the Aussies won't be embarassed.

Aussie mate told me a lot of people didn't know what they were voting for including plenty who thought they were getting rid of Australia day.

Aussie mate told me a lot of people didn't know what they were voting for including plenty who thought they were getting rid of Australia day.
The information and disinformation (including scrapping 'straya day, giving your house and land to an aboriginal, it will create an apartheid Australia, it will undermine equality) was out there.

Back