• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do folks think they'll stick around at the Euston Flyer for before heading into the wilderness (i.e. Wembley) ? Jinky and I plus our respective dads are getting some food in Baker Street at 11:30am with a view to heading to some pubs in that area. Euston Flyer / Kings X is nearby (and on the met line to Wembley) so would be good to catch people there. I also need to get Aiki's younger brother his ticket so I'm sure we'll all meet up at some stage in any event!

Aiki and his brothers are due in to Kings Cross at 12-40 so maybe he will reassess his plans and meet there... Steve? :whistle:

Aiki and his brothers are due in to Kings Cross at 12-40 so maybe he will reassess his plans and meet there... Steve? :whistle:

Ah okay should give us plenty of opportunity to all meet up then. Euston Flyer is nearer to Kings Cross than Euston or Euston Square anyway so makes sense for Steve and the lads to join everyone there (if that's where everyone else will be).

Yeah. It’s pretty much across Euston Road from Kings across so we get a met tube from there and it is only about six stops to Wembley Park. Should be quicker than the jubilee that stops at every lamp post north of Baker Street.

I reckon if drinking is to be done in Wembley itself we need to be hitting the Torch about two.

30 minutes from the Flyer to Wembley.

Not so sure on that. Looking like Foster will be in goal according to the press down that way

Gomes seems more likely at the moment. Which is an absolute disaster for us as Foster has been one of our players of the season. Gomes cant kick a ball and always has a mistake in him.

This cup keeper thing is a bag of shite.

Agreed. I would hope we play Patricio but I expect we won’t. Foster will of course be well motivated against us due to his connections with the six fingered inbreds from Sandwell.

Gomes seems more likely at the moment. Which is an absolute disaster for us as Foster has been one of our players of the season. Gomes cant kick a ball and always has a mistake in him.

This cup keeper thing is a bag of shite.

All sides in the top division tend to do this - would suspect that Ruddy will play for us (has done all of the other cup games + 1 league to prepare him for the quarter final). Whilst I would prefer to play Patricio we probably won't.

Still the kicking will have improved a little if Ruddy plays (not the rest of the game though)

Ha I didn't realise your manager was at it too. It's a laugh isn't it, best chance of a trophy in yonks (ever for us), paying up to £80 a ticket and our managers don't put out the strongest side... Early rounds v woking is one thing, but the semi?

I'd forgotten you lot have beef with foster. It'd be good if there's a little bit of spice about the match with a pantomime villain. We're not exactly mortal enemies

Bonus for us though is Ruddy is bloody good keeper. Most teams coming up with a keeper who performed as well as he did would have gone into this season with him as their No1. We just got an opportunity to upgrade early. Harsh on Ruddy buts thats life

He probably kept us in the Cup v Liverpool with a stunning save. He didn't perform well v Shrewsbury and somehow conceded a goal despite the shot going wide in the replay.

Personally I would have gone with Patricio from the 5th Round but have no worries that Nuno will go to Ruddy on Sunday

Ruddy was brilliant vs Leicester in the League Cup too.

Did not watch the amazing crystal clear stream for that one so cannot comment

Did not watch the amazing crystal clear stream for that one so cannot comment

Replay on Sky, rather than the shit hot stream filmed from the phone Nashy used for his E&S videos

Ruddy is an excellent deputy, but Patricio is part of our strongest side, and I really want us to put that side out at Wembley.

Regarding Watford, Albion-loving wanker that Foster is, he is a superb keeper. Huerelho Gomes always impressed me in the past though, but I know he is on the way down. If he plays that is a bonus for us. Bet Foster is desperate to play as we are the opponent though. His tweet after Watford won at our place showed his heart is still at the Crem (wanker).

He was just kissing their asses after he declared he would be staying after relegation and fucked off the 1st chance he got. Their fans proper hated him in the summer

I don't care about the Albion stuff.

I do care about him retiring from international football (his prerogative I suppose) then coming back when he could get a free jolly to Brazil. Square faced prick.

Ruddy is an excellent deputy, but Patricio is part of our strongest side, and I really want us to put that side out at Wembley.

Regarding Watford, Albion-loving wanker that Foster is, he is a superb keeper. Huerelho Gomes always impressed me in the past though, but I know he is on the way down. If he plays that is a bonus for us. Bet Foster is desperate to play as we are the opponent though. His tweet after Watford won at our place showed his heart is still at the Crem (wanker).

Don't worry. He is so due a shit game against us. I really hope he plays. Its foster karma time just like notlob got last season.

Pereyra is a doubt for them apparently

Just incase anyone is missing their ticket

For any supporters yet to receive their Wembley tickets, please in the first instance, call the ticket office on 0371 222 1877.
Alternatively, email ticketoffice@wolves.co.uk with details of your booking and a contact telephone number. Opening hours on Saturday will be extended to 5pm to allow supporters as much time as possible to contact the club if necessary.

Anybody else sat at work watching the clock slowly tick by waiting for the end of the day, because then it is FA Cup weekend and you can barely contain your excitement?

Nah, me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back