• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: semi final draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you can't buy them in person at the ticket office, yeah?

Not really seen that on here to be fair. Plenty of people politely asking if anyone has a spare number, but nobody claiming they are hard done by. Can't speak for elsewhere though

It is getting quite annoying how many people are asking for tickets (politely or not). I’m up to 10 and I’d say 7 of them haven’t been to a game for years.

You know you can't buy them in person at the ticket office, yeah?

I haven’t been in a physical queue whilst shopping for at least the last 12 years. No plans on starting now! I’ll be at my PC with a coffee and scratching my balls.

A typical Sunday morning for you then Booz

Yeah. Whether I’m at home or at work.

I don't like any club describing itself as tinpot, each on their own merits. The way the FA used to do it based on average attendances would have worked better for us, but IF we make the final versus City we would have lost out so you win some you lose some. There will be a fair few Wolves fans in your end though once your STH's have flogged their spares on.

what's wrong with being called tinpot? We've not won a trophy in our entire history, we just about fill a 20,000 stadium and probably wont sell 33,000 semi final tickets. If that's not tinpot, what is?

I couldnt give a shite though, the reason I support watford is because I was born in the hospital that overlooks the ground. I guess that's the reason you support wolves. Never really understood fans who feel superior to other teams based on the lottery of where they were born. Obviously glory hunters are a different breed, but I presume there arent many in your fanbase considering you've been shite for decades!

what's wrong with being called tinpot? We've not won a trophy in our entire history, we just about fill a 20,000 stadium and probably wont sell 33,000 semi final tickets. If that's not tinpot, what is?

I couldnt give a shite though, the reason I support watford is because I was born in the hospital that overlooks the ground. I guess that's the reason you support wolves. Never really understood fans who feel superior to other teams based on the lottery of where they were born. Obviously glory hunters are a different breed, but I presume there arent many in your fanbase considering you've been shite for decades!

New Cross doesn't overlook Molineux.

When I heard of the birth of superhorns in the hospital overlooking Watford's ground, it was in that moment I decided to become a Wolves fan

:) :)

Our catchment area is also pretty big, which helps. You'll find Wolves fans everywhere to the west of Wolverhampton all the way into mid-Wales, including in Shropshire and Herefordshire. You've had to compete with the north London teams as well as the usual Liverpool, Man Utd etc glory hunters. We were also successful in the 50s, 60s and 70s, meaning we attracted supporters from all over the country in those days and lots of them will have raised their kids as Wolves fans.

There's a guy I see all the time on my train to Wolvo who comes from Littlehampton in West Sussex with his son. Five hour journey each way for them. Both are from Littlehampton, but the dad became a Wolves fan as a kid in the 70s without having any ties to Wolverhampton.

in that case, any chance of a ticket or supporter number mate? :icon_wink:

Will Wolves ticketing system be able to enable us to select seats? I know Sunderland did for the Checkatrade Final - but they moved over to Ticketmaster to sell their tickets, and will be from now on.

Watford have moved to use Ticketmaster for this and are moaning like mad this morning about it not coping. Lots waiting well in excess of one and half hours, many then getting kicked back to waiting after almost completing. Wait and see how our system copes.

It is getting quite annoying how many people are asking for tickets (politely or not). I’m up to 10 and I’d say 7 of them haven’t been to a game for years.

I was asked for six tickets the other day on the basis they know I'm a season ticket holder. I *must* be able to get them yeah? No.

Four of them aren't even Wolves fans. Told them even if I could I wouldn't, I'd rather real fans go.

TicketMaster's queueing system is indeed shite. Had to use that a few times for NFL tickets.

Likewise, still got the option to fly back home for the week. Could turn it into a busmans holiday!
I'm used to sitting my on hands and keeping my mouth shut. I do it all the time at Work!

Hello Super Horns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back