• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup 4th Round

The best bit about it was Ruddy trying to kick the post in frustration and missing.

Kortney Hause tweeted "My Guy" with a few muscle/praying emojis on top, quoting Shrewsbury Town's tweet when Laurent scored last night. Understandably, it hasn't gone down well with the Wolves fans on Twitter.

Seems a very odd/disrespectful thing to do, regardless of his relationship with Laurent. I can only imagine he's been told already that his loan will be made a permanent switch. Even so, silly boy.

Kortney Hause tweeted "My Guy" with a few muscle/praying emojis on top, quoting Shrewsbury Town's tweet when Laurent scored last night. Understandably, it hasn't gone down well with the Wolves fans on Twitter.

Seems a very odd/disrespectful thing to do. I can only imagine he's been told already that his loan will be made a permanent switch. Even so, silly boy.

No I think he’s just stupid. Cheering his mate on but forgetting it’s against his parent club. Unbelievably stupid

He posted it after the game had finished, not during the game

If he'd tweeted it during the game I'd understand the abuse he gets on Twitter, he's posted it an hour after the game. He's obviously just congratulating his friend who's scored in one of the biggest games of his career, in full knowledge that his parent club won the game

MGW was ok for me. He made some errors but generally then made up for them by winning the ball back. Our biggest issue was when Traore got the ball out wide no one made runs into the box to give him a proper target. At times our furthest forward player was Jonny. Cav needed to make runs into the box but he rarely did.

The game was an odd one. We weren't great but we weren't shit and I have seen a lot of comments that Shrewsbury caused us problems but that is bollocks. We essentially gave them 2 goals and outside of that I can think 3 times they could have threatened (counter attack they ballsed up, a Coady block from 16 yards out and a shot that drifted wide). They got a corner in the 93rd min that caused panic amongst the fans but it never worried us.

Oh and Sam Ricketts is a proper whiny manager. Might as well have sat next to the 4th official as he spent most of his time moaning at him.

Ref was good, let the game flow and seemed reluctant to give free kicks at times. We probably got away with a couple of challenges that should be yellow cards as well.

That Bennett NFL tackle was definitely a yellow card.

The score line massively flattered Shrewsbury and I think some are basing their views on that rather than the actual game.

If we'd won 3-0, as we should have done, it would have been described as a comfortable stroll

If he'd tweeted it during the game I'd understand the abuse he gets on Twitter, he's posted it an hour after the game. He's obviously just congratulating his friend who's scored in one of the biggest games of his career, in full knowledge that his parent club won the game

Stop with this crazy talk and join the witch hunt...

I also love Coady on corners. The one at the end he basically dragged Ennis to the exact spot he needed to stand in. Not happy when he was stood inches away from the area required

Just hope all the Wankers who slagged doc off in the past have learned a lesson!

Well said.

Yeah I have - he can attack well and I love the way he cuts inside then outside and causes trouble for full backs.

He hasn't learnt a lesson though. He still lets players run off him and that causes Bennett and Coady trouble. Didnt watch last night other than a bit of a shitty FB recording. Game before he did it at least twice though. Being a wingback doesn't let you off for stuff like that. Or does it?

Yeah I have - he can attack well and I love the way he cuts inside then outside and causes trouble for full backs.

He hasn't learnt a lesson though. He still lets players run off him and that causes Bennett and Coady trouble. Didnt watch last night other than a bit of a shitty FB recording. Game before he did it at least twice though. Being a wingback doesn't let you off for stuff like that. Or does it?

I think being a wingback makes it less of a problem, but it's why Doc won't be a great conventional fullback.

It'll be hilarious if / when we upgrade Doc and someone gives us millions and plays him as a conventional fullback

He's still an idiot. Some people just ask for it. He could have text him, or sent him a DM.

He's still an idiot. Some people just ask for it. He could have text him, or sent him a DM.

He's only an idiot if you get offended at the slightest of things.

Trips explanation is far more likely than the morons getting all bent out of shape over a player supporting his mate. It takes a special type of bellend to be offended by that.

I didn't see the game and had to endure the radio 'commentary' from odd ball Mel Eves and the complete dickhead who was supposed to be commentating on the game. The BBC have plumbed new depths allowing these clowns anywhere near a commentary position. They missed goals, assists and just called out names of players who were on the ball. No discernible analysis, insight or even where the ball was on the pitch.

I think being a wingback makes it less of a problem, but it's why Doc won't be a great conventional fullback.

It'll be hilarious if / when we upgrade Doc and someone gives us millions and plays him as a conventional fullback

See Barry Douglas for details

He's only an idiot if you get offended at the slightest of things.

Trips explanation is far more likely than the morons getting all bent out of shape over a player supporting his mate. It takes a special type of bellend to be offended by that.

Absolutely. It's a nothing story - just a player giving some support to a mate. Some fans really do try and take umbrage with anything a player says/does. #fakenews

c19fcfee1346fa19f36a2b3ee1538044.jpg

Not sure what Ruddy was doing for this one. It’s 3.5 yards out, head height, in the centre of the goal? How has he managed to not only not come and to punch/catch it, but also he 2 or 3 yards underneath the cross under no pressure?

Back