• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The media love a bit of hyperbole. Same as the commentators saying it’s as bad as the scenes of the 70’s. Erm.

It was the same type of cunt as the ones running on the pitch for the Rotherham game. Definition of “big day out” fans, won’t be there the rest of the season.

Just squaring up to police 120 yards from the actual incident for… well… I don’t know why, the fucking Neanderthals.

It was the same type of cunt as the ones running on the pitch for the Rotherham game. Definition of “big day out” fans, won’t be there the rest of the season.

Just squaring up to police 120 yards from the actual incident for… well… I don’t know why, the fucking Neanderthals.

Seen people over the last week begging for tickets who I know for a fact haven't gone for 10+ years. So begs the question why you want to go, especially as it's on TV for free.

I'll happily go in two footed on our morons when they're in the wrong. I don't think this is us.

It's a ridiculous comparison. The game wouldn't have even been stopped let's say 30 years ago, the police would have just done what they needed to
Plenty of scuffles and fights on the way to the ground, home fans lying in wait near to train and bus/coach stations and car parks. Pre-kick off rush from fans at the away end trying to take the home end and home fans repelling rush. Fighting on the pitch, mounted police breaking it up and the bobbies hoovering up the casualties. Scuffles and fights after the game. Rinse and repeat.

Plenty of scuffles and fights on the way to the ground, home fans lying in wait near to train and bus/coach stations and car parks. Pre-kick off rush from fans at the away end trying to take the home end and home fans repelling rush. Fighting on the pitch, mounted police breaking it up and the bobbies hoovering up the casualties. Scuffles and fights after the game. Rinse and repeat.
Not sure a like is the right response and I can only really speak from the mid 80s onwards, but today was pretty tame in the grand scheme of things.

Thread seems to have turned into a verdict on the disturbances at the game. Its a shame as it takes away from the football and the result.

Thread seems to have turned into a verdict on the disturbances at the game. Its a shame as it takes away from the football and the result.

Not really, there isn't much to say. It was easily our weakest performance of the last 7 games but we still won easily.

Everyone is delighted we won.

He's an absolute tool. Used to post on MM back in the day

Was on the OG Fans Parliament with me in 2006 (he had hair then)! His Mom wrote to the club and recommended him :D

The 4000 Wolves were at the opposite end to where most of the trouble was and on the live broadcast most just looked a bit nonplussed or amused by what was going on. Definitely didn't seem like it was any Wolves fans running from one stand to another to wade in on the police. Funny that hasn't been mentioned by any media.

Watching this from 18mins and you see there are loads of thick as pigshit Albion fans running from all over the place, then in the same corner they try and get at the Wolves fans as we know.

No way Wolves fans can be blamed for this.

"Family club" though ay they.

Watching this from 18mins and you see there are loads of thick as pigshit Albion fans running from all over the place, then in the same corner they try and get at the Wolves fans as we know.

No way Wolves fans can be blamed for this.

"Family club" though ay they.

No excuse for this from the bloke who's on camera loving every minute of it

The fact this (clueless) lad got a ticket who is neither a Wolves or Albion fan (Burnley i think) says a lot about the mess they made with their ticketing policy.

Again, totally incriminates the Albion fans - although the lad blames Wolves because the scary Albion fan next to him tells him to.

Back