• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He doesn’t want to lose the game at any cost. So Bentley doesn’t play. If we’d have been playing Norwich it might have been different
This. Was very surprised they stuck with their cup keeper.

He doesn’t want to lose the game at any cost. So Bentley doesn’t play. If we’d have been playing Norwich it might have been different
Would agree but Sa playing in the Brentford replay would suggest he has Sa as outright number 1 regardless now.

I know Sa played the 1st game v Brentford but Bentley was ill that day so no idea if Sa would have played that day if he wasn't.

We made ESPN's top stories...

1706468706446.png

Not too often Wolves or West Brom end up on ESPN proper.

Would agree but Sa playing in the Brentford replay would suggest he has Sa as outright number 1 regardless now.

I know Sa played the 1st game v Brentford but Bentley was ill that day so no idea if Sa would have played that day if he wasn't.
GON witnessed how crap Bentley was and dropped him as a cup keeper.

I wish Nuno had done the same with Ruddy, we would have beaten Watford.

However Ruddy's clangers weren't as bad as Bentley's.

We made ESPN's top stories...

View attachment 9467

Not too often Wolves or West Brom end up on ESPN proper.

A handful of their fans are pointing fingers at the Wolves fan who sat in the home end and apparently “started it” but the overwhelming feeling is that they are ashamed to be Albion fans tonight and a tasty fine (or multiple) are heading their way which their finances absolutely cannot deal with at the moment.

What I can’t understand is it apparently erupted in an area reserved for WBA player’s families - so did they sell their tickets on too?

GON witnessed how crap Bentley was and dropped him as a cup keeper.

I wish Nuno had done the same with Ruddy, we would have beaten Watford.

However Ruddy's clangers weren't as bad as Bentley's.
Always felt the criticism for the Watford goals was harsh on Ruddy.

Nuno and Lage picked him vs Southampton and Norwich respectively, both times for no reason as we had no need to rest players and he was crap in both.

I think Rui saves the chip, he was just much more agile. The third goal I agree.

A handful of their fans are pointing fingers at the Wolves fan who sat in the home end and apparently “started it” but the overwhelming feeling is that they are ashamed to be Albion fans tonight and a tasty fine (or multiple) are heading their way which their finances absolutely cannot deal with at the moment.

What I can’t understand is it apparently erupted in an area reserved for WBA player’s families - so did they sell their tickets on too?
That must surely (or hopefully) have been an overstatement you heard; from what I saw (the US feed never left the camera placed above the away end), only one Albion player retrieved family members from the ruckus. Both small children though which just breaks your heart.

Last edited:
Emi Martinez always speaks highly of Neil Cutler and the work he did to improve him. Is he having a similar affect on Sa?

Emi Martinez always speaks highly of Neil Cutler and the work he did to improve him. Is he having a similar affect on Sa?
That and GO reducing the amount of passes we make back to him under pressure.

Can't recall the game but one this season where the press on Sa was causing issues and he got him to stop trying to find a pass and launch it

That and GO reducing the amount of passes we make back to him under pressure.

Can't recall the game but one this season where the press on Sa was causing issues and he got him to stop trying to find a pass and launch it
The back 3 helps (there's normally a pass on to a CH rather than giving him the ball)

Noticeably calmer in possession since Luton away, which was two games in a row where he cost us a goal rushing his delivery and cocking it up

Also quite a few times he's just lamped it out since then, looks shit but it's better than passing straight to one of their players 20 yards out

Could argue he felt he had to beat Brentford to get this game. Losing to Brentford after all the hype would almost be as bad as losing today. Or certainly a stick he would prefer not be beat with.

Could argue he felt he had to beat Brentford to get this game. Losing to Brentford after all the hype would almost be as bad as losing today. Or certainly a stick he would prefer not be beat with.
Either way, can't drop Bentley in at this stage now.

Appalled, ashamed and embarrassed but not by the result or the performance but by West Brom fans. The performance was actually pretty reasonable given the injury situation and there were a few chances that could have been converted but ultimately, Premier League quality in the final third killed us off.

As for the fans and the suspension in play, it’s going to be discussed a lot on here this week but I’m appalled and ashamed. If you want to smash someone’s head in for supporting a different football club, football isn’t for you. “Oh but they were sat in the home end” I hear you cry. So what? I’m sure people on here are related to Wolves fans, people will work with them, people will live next door to them and some will have friends who support them. People shouldn’t be getting attacked for supporting a football club. I don’t care that it’s Wolves and I don’t care that it’s the derby. Today was an embarrassment and I’m ashamed of West Bromwich Albion fans. One of our own players seemingly refused to play on after his family were in the vicinity of the mindless thugs. Children and women around and they’re behaving like that?

I hope the club gets serious, identifies them all and bans them all for life.

In reality player for player they were better than us. Concentrate on the play-offs now and hope any potential buyer isn’t put off by the troubles. The fine we are likely to get could be massive and finish us as a club

Last edited:
Back