• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

What a shit group F is. That and Switzerland v Albania in group 1.

Thanks Platini!!

Have the kickoff times been put up anywhere?

I'm assuming 2pm, 5pm, 8pm each day?

theirs six 3rd placed teams guaranteed to go through to the quarter finals so I'm sure Wales and England will make it out of the group... as for the Republic of Ireland they'll need to produce a performance like they did against Germany every match.

Predicted top two in each group:

A - France, Romania
B - England, Wales
C - Germany, Poland
D - Spain, Czech Republic
E - Belgium, Italy
F - Iceland, Portugal.
Obviously hard to call the third place teams that will be the "best" four, but I think Switzerland will get enough in A. I can't see Albania getting a point.
Both Irish sides look absolutely screwed.

Hard to predict things with too much confidence with Wales - Bale tears a hamstring playing for Real in April and suddenly they're vying with Albania for being the worst team at the tournament.

I think you would have to make Russia favourites to take second, but they're nothing special and definitely beatable for Wales IF Bale is there.

England should win all three. Would be nice for us to have a properly convincing group stage, tripping up over winnable fixtures has cost us in the past by forcing us into 2nd place and the tough side of the draw.

So England fixtures:

Sat 11th Jun - England v Russia 8pm
Thu 16th Jun - England v Wales 2pm
Mon 20th Jun - England v Slovakia 8pm

Here's a scenario. If we only manage 2nd in the group we face the runner up of Group F. Iceland win that group and we face Portugal and Ronaldo again!

Hard to predict things with too much confidence with Wales - Bale tears a hamstring playing for Real in April and suddenly they're vying with Albania for being the worst team at the tournament.

I think you would have to make Russia favourites to take second, but they're nothing special and definitely beatable for Wales IF Bale is there.

Step forward Dangerous Dave to grab the tournament by the neck and become the saviour.

I'd make Russia favourites for 2nd really overall better quality throughout there side, it's no walk over for England but if they can't get out of this group Hodgson should be resigning before he's back home.
Wouldn't under estimate Slovakia to much either.
Wales biggest problem is the over reliance on Bale and Ramsey.

Wales aren't completely a one man team, but Bale needs to be wrapped in cotton wool!

So England fixtures:

Sat 11th Jun - England v Russia 8pm
Thu 16th Jun - England v Wales 2pm
Mon 20th Jun - England v Slovakia 8pm

It's a shit day and kick off time for the England v Wales game can't see much work being done around the country that day.

It is interesting listening to people saying that England have a favourable draw. I think we have heard that before...

Typical, we always have bad luck in these drawings..well we are truly underdogs in that group

Only problem is we'll have a load of bullshit rhetoric now ie Robbie Savage already saying Wales will definitely beat Slovakia prior to the England game.

Back