• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dominic Iorfa

Surely a number 10 in the making?

No, he's going to be a midfield general!

Maybe a winger is a little too far fetched, but he can certainly hold his own going forward that's for sure.

A little naïve at times today and slipped a couple of times in the rain but I thought he played really well again. That little turn he did to take it past two Rotherham defenders on the wing was top class.

Once he learns how and when to cross,which will come with time, he'll be one hell of a player.

He "looks like" a RB more than a CB to me at the moment and as he's doing such a good job and improving all the time, I see no point in him reverting especially as we have plenty of cover at CB at the moment.

Has a bit of the yaya toure/abou diaby/patrick viera about him so can see why the midfield general tag might fit

Rangy languid style on the ball and those long legs can eat up distance quite easily once in their stride

Ability to put a foot in for defensive side and can take on and beat players on offensive side

Has a bit of the yaya toure/abou diaby/patrick viera about him so can see why the midfield general tag might fit

Rangy languid style on the ball and those long legs can eat up distance quite easily once in their stride

Ability to put a foot in for defensive side and can take on and beat players on offensive side

Probably played more games than him tbh...

I don't know about the centre back thing, he looks a natural right back in the limited time I've seen him. Useful going forward too and you would imagine that side will improve over time

i think the fact he looks natural at right back is testament to his ability and the coaching but i am pretty sure if you asked him he would say centre back is what he is most comfortable playing

I don't know about the centre back thing, he looks a natural right back in the limited time I've seen him. Useful going forward too and you would imagine that side will improve over time

Agreed, as I've said before (in this or a different thread, can't rightly remember), I just can't see him moving back to CB full time in the long run. We have four good CBs here in Stearman, Batth, Hause, and EEL, so there's no real reason to crowd the elevator even more. Especially if that means Doherty comes in on the right. *shudders*

Agreed, as I've said before (in this or a different thread, can't rightly remember), I just can't see him moving back to CB full time in the long run. We have four good CBs here in Stearman, Batth, Hause, and EEL, so there's no real reason to crowd the elevator even more. Especially if that means Doherty comes in on the right. *shudders*
I don't think there's much mileage in EEL other than as back up, Batth too may have his ceiling not much further than Wolves are now. It's far too early to even attempt to judge if Hause will lock down one of those positions in the future, let alone now.

Who knows where holes will appear as the team moves forwards, if Iorfa is equally comfortable in either position then then his final position could be dependant on the development/recruitment of others.

Admitting that it's a small sample, I've been impressed with what I've seen from Ethan. Batth I agree would be found out in the Prem, but I see no reason not to be optimistic about Hause. Your caution is not unreasonable, however.

I've moved the posts to a new thread in general chatter.

Does Iorfa remind anyone of Paul Parker?

Back