• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Diving/Cheating. Ok for Wolves to do?

Just showed the highlights to a few lads at work. The reaction from the neutrals, Barnsley, Derby and Liverpools fans, was bursting out in laughter before slating Dicko.

That's conclusive then.

I think the OP asked if it was OK for Wolves players to dive/cheat. Definitely not in my opinion. Dicko went down very easily, but whether he dived is another question. Football clubs tell their players to go down under contact, and that is what Dicko did.

But trying to equate dicko going down easily after minimal contact to win what is a soft, albeit correct penalty, with forestieri clutching his face to claim he had been hit when nothing of the sort had happened is quite a leap of faith.

Roy, it could not be obstruction. The player did not obstruct Dicko. The referee could only award a penalty once he decided it was a foul.

Ok Frank, I'm nearly done with this...
So clear up 'obstruction' for me please.

If a defending player gets in the way of an advancing player, but decides not to tackle him (thereby not attempting to play the ball), but due to the speed of the attacker can't/doesn't get out of his way, but blocks his path, isn't this obstruction?
Rather than a push or trip etc constituting a foul.

A better example (Also Frank, NEVER acted on) is when the ball is going to go dead for a goal kick and the defender shields the ball from the attacker, who is trying strenuously to get at the ball and the defender is making no attempt to play the ball but shields it from him. Is this also not obstruction?

The Dicko incident similar in nature but far less blatant.

But trying to equate dicko going down easily after minimal contact to win what is a soft, albeit correct penalty, with forestieri clutching his face to claim he had been hit when nothing of the sort had happened is quite a leap of faith.

Agreed. There is no comparison between the two incidents.

Marks hearing what he wants to hear, and cherry picking the bits he wants to argue with. Oh, and posting the odd picture of some glasses cos he's holier than every fucker on here.

Here's some extended highlights:
The incident in question happens from about 2 min 30. Have a good look, including the stellar build up. I did post about it earlier, but mark ignored it as it doesn't fit his "theory".
See how Dicko runs fron the centre circle in his own half, beats 2 men to the ball, runs down the wing at full pelt. He then has to take evasive action from the first (dangerous) challenge, and is then twisting/turning in more than one direction a few times (as in football, one doesn't always run in straight fucking lines as some would have you believe).

Quite right Pad. Absolutely chalk and cheese. Forestieri is a blatant cheat, a physical liar if you will. Nothing to do with Dicko going down.

Ok Frank, I'm nearly done with this...
So clear up 'obstruction' for me please.

If a defending player gets in the way of an advancing player, but decides not to tackle him (thereby not attempting to play the ball), but due to the speed of the attacker can't/doesn't get out of his way, but blocks his path, isn't this obstruction?
Rather than a push or trip etc constituting a foul.

A better example (Also Frank, NEVER acted on) is when the ball is going to go dead for a goal kick and the defender shields the ball from the attacker, who is trying strenuously to get at the ball and the defender is making no attempt to play the ball but shields it from him. Is this also not obstruction?

The Dicko incident similar in nature but far less blatant.

A defender can block an opponent if the ball is within playing distance. Though at times a defender will make no attempt to play a ball that is not within playing distance. This should result in an indirect free kick to the attacking team.

I don't think Nouha has dived tbh, his momentum takes down after his knee is clipped by the defender's left leg. It's not a penalty though, the Wednesday player actually gets his foot on the ball and pokes it away. Very soft pen.

It's all simulation baby, get it out of the game, whether it's ridiculous play acting following your own push on a player or ensuring there's some contact to buy yourself a penalty, it's all cheating and I don't like it.

Marks hearing what he wants to hear, and cherry picking the bits he wants to argue with. Oh, and posting the odd picture of some glasses cos he's holier than every fucker on here.

Here's some extended highlights:
The incident in question happens from about 2 min 30. Have a good look, including the stellar build up. I did post about it earlier, but mark ignored it as it doesn't fit his "theory".
See how Dicko runs fron the centre circle in his own half, beats 2 men to the ball, runs down the wing at full pelt. He then has to take evasive action from the first (dangerous) challenge, and is then twisting/turning in more than one direction a few times (as in football, one doesn't always run in straight fucking lines as some would have you believe).

What on earth have his actions near the halfway line got to do with an incident that happens in the penalty area?!

There's no grand 'theory', as I see it Dicko is the one who makes sure there is contact in the situation and thus I don't consider it a foul, so I wouldn't have awarded a penalty. Regardless of how far poor like Nouha has had to run before hand or how many times he may have had to change direction, boo-hoo.

It's me relaying some other people's opinions, is that not allowed?

Most people on here don't think it was a dive. The opposition manager doesn't think it was a dive. Our resident referee doesn't think it was a dive. You have manoeuvred yourself into such an uncompromising position that you have taken to canvassing the opinions of people at work just so you can post their opinion on a football forum to try and enhance your own standing.

Bit sad that.

There's no grand 'theory', as I see it Dicko is the one who makes sure there is contact in the situation and thus I don't consider it a foul, so I wouldn't have awarded a penalty. Regardless of how far poor like Nouha has had to run before hand or how many times he may have had to change direction, boo-hoo.
They key word here is "I".

You weren't the ref, so your opinion counts for jack shit sunshine.

There's no grand 'theory', as I see it Dicko is the one who makes sure there is contact in the situation

So you agree there is contact? Now look back at the actual challenge. Does the Sheff Wed defender lift his left leg slightly causing the two knees to clip or does Dicko put his left leg out and into the defender? (I think you will find it is option 1)

Most people on here don't think it was a dive. The opposition manager doesn't think it was a dive. Our resident referee doesn't think it was a dive. You have manoeuvred yourself into such an uncompromising position that you have taken to canvassing the opinions of people at work just so you can post their opinion on a football forum to try and enhance your own standing.

Bit sad that.

Myself and several colleagues will offer sit and watch highlights of our local teams together at lunch time, it took very little effort for me to share their feelings after doing so, not that sad. And it matters to me not one bit how others feel about the situation, my opinion is my own.

They key word here is "I".

You weren't the ref, so your opinion counts for jack shit sunshine.

Better close the forum down then, no-one on here has an opinion worth anything when it comes to Wolves, so all the discussions are somewhat pointless, no?

So you agree there is contact? Now look back at the actual challenge. Does the Sheff Wed defender lift his left leg slightly causing the two knees to clip or does Dicko put his left leg out and into the defender? (I think you will find it is option 1)

I've never denied there was contact, Dicko throws himself forward as soon as he's knocked the ball around me, don't patronise me with giving me a step by step of the video i've already seen.

Back