• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby 3-1 Wolves: The Verdict

I'll write a more extensive report later as don't want Wolves to ruin the rest of my birthday but fair to say this team is utter shit and needs to be thoroughly dismantled and given away.

Had a good sing song though. Stand outs for me were Dicko and Bright.

One sour note is some of the players wanted to leave the pitch ASAP at the end and it took Lambert rounding them up to come over. The support today was magnificent.

I really hope they revamp the whole commentary side. Burrows is shit and 'say like' Thompson is a cunt

Best commentary I got was during the Lg 1 season & Wolves Player had gone down, but managed to pick up the opponents feed (can't remember which game it was though)

Decent commentary on the match, no irrelevant sidetracking onto inane subjects & gave credit to good play from both sides

Having looked at the league table for that season pretty sure that was the Colchester away game

Slink: The third was REALLY bad... Coady skinned (again) and the ball played to the middle of the area about 16yds out to a man completely unmarked who took a touch before burying the shot. Don't watch it. It was bad on one viewing, live, and will only get worse via replays!

Who would think that playing two crap midfielders at full back would cause such an issue?

Cheers to the reports from those who went. Glad Nouha played well, maybe there is some hope yet with him, and that Bright has come back into the fold after his injury. Very talented footballer, just needs more (game)time I think. I wouldn't loan him out, too risky.

I would love to hear why at least one or two of Graham, Silvio and Mason didn't get more minutes today, and where Gibbs-White was. Wilson, Ennis, Herc, Johnson all could have been in the squad today too.

Some problems after the match and a Wolves fan bottled, to this day I don't understand why grown men act this way. Hope he's ok some real idiots out there.

Some problems after the match and a Wolves fan bottled, to this day I don't understand why grown men act this way. Hope he's ok some real idiots out there.

Can't understand this - a nothing game that no one should have really cared about. Makes you consider whether it is worth attending

Can't understand this - a nothing game that no one should have really cared about. Makes you consider whether it is worth attending
Agreed especially away games, I want to go to a few more away games next season but this kind of thing does make you think about it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Agreed especially away games, I want to go to a few more away games next season but this kind of thing does make you think about it.

Have to pick the away games carefully - Fulham was fine & felt in no danger there (even though I was on my own, still had decent chats without any aggro with both home & away fans, that's what it should be like as it's only football not life & death despite what Bill Shankly said)) even in the pub beforehand which was probably 50/50 Fulham & Wolves fans

Have to pick the away games carefully - Fulham was fine & felt in no danger there even in the pub beforehand which was probably 50/50 Fulham & Wolves fans
That's good helps to be in a group as well I suppose.

That's good helps to be in a group as well I suppose.

Have amended my post - traveled up on my own & was in the pub before without 'known' company (though met a friend from where I live at half time under the stand (didn't think that he was going to that match) & traveled back home together).

Was not an intimidating atmosphere there though & even though we won well didn't feel any animosity from Fulham fans after the game. Not sure that that would be the case everywhere else though.

Have amended my post - traveled up on my own & was in the pub before without 'known' company (though met a friend from where I live at half time under the stand (didn't think that he was going to that match) & traveled back home together).

Was not an intimidating atmosphere there though & even though we won well didn't feel any animosity from Fulham fans after the game. Not sure that that would be the case everywhere else though.
Yes the area will matter I'm sure. Would be really nice not to worry about this things mind. Hopefully I'll bump into you on my travels next season at some point!

Yes the area will matter I'm sure. Would be really nice not to worry about this things mind. Hopefully I'll bump into you on my travels next season at some point!

Clearly the area matters - hopefully will meet up sometime next season & thanks for the links to seeing games live this year

Dicko looked very sharp today and ran himself ragged.
Bright came on and was a breath of fresh air (compared to
what came before)
Had to laugh at the fans wanting the clap but Bod looked
so embarrassed so Dicko did it for him.
Didn't see one sign of trouble at all and saw both fans mixing.
Only takes a few knob heads I spose.

Saiss was shocking in the first half an hour. Ambling round the pitch, losing the ball in poor areas. Saying that the majority were too slow and too casual. Only three I'd give credit to would be Evans, Marshall and Dicko. Cavaleiro needs to mature quickly next season.
Fans, SUPERB.

Who would think that playing two crap midfielders at full back would cause such an issue?

Cheers to the reports from those who went. Glad Nouha played well, maybe there is some hope yet with him, and that Bright has come back into the fold after his injury. Very talented footballer, just needs more (game)time I think. I wouldn't loan him out, too risky.

I would love to hear why at least one or two of Graham, Silvio and Mason didn't get more minutes today, and where Gibbs-White was. Wilson, Ennis, Herc, Johnson all could have been in the squad today too.

The 23s group is being kept together as much as possible. Every effort going into promotion.

The 23s group is being kept together as much as possible. Every effort going into promotion.

Yeah, this. I'd have chucked a couple in today as per the OP - Ruddy was on the bench anyway - but we were never going to see an influx of them when they still have loads to play for and the first team don't. If we'd have gone with 4-5 today and they'd done really well then they wouldn't be able to play against PNE anyway because the semi-final is one day later.

Nowadays you are generally ok at any match but could be unlucky anywhere. Just don't be stupid - if you walk into a strange pub in a strange town singing Wolves songs you are asking for trouble.
As for this team, thank God this season's neatly over and let's hope someone has the balls to ditch most of them in 2 weeks time.

The E&S posted on Facebook a photo of the guy on the floor. Think they've since removed it.

That second goal is just horrible from our point of view. Coady absolutely burned, chugging away after pace merchant Johnny Russell like a Ford Granada chasing a Porsche 911, absolutely no-one tracking Johnson's run or cutting out a simple ball that's just rolled in to the near stick, and Burgoyne dives out of the way of the shot like a Brad Jones impersonator.

Back