• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cycling Thread

TBF I missed the BBC cycling blog this weekend, was busy plucking my nut sack.

:icon_lol:

She was lying, honest! Just walking down the stairs and it gave way :(

I have never met her
I have met you

So......I believe the Spiderman story. Made my morning reading that little corner of Facebook did that

I can't believe how much stick I got for sneaking a 4-pack into the pictures! I thought everybody did that. And if not, they should.

Fucking hell - Frank Schleck has failed a doping control. Stupid cunt. I mean how obvious is it that this the most tested event in world sport and you won't get away with it at the Tour any more?

Fucking hell - Frank Schleck has failed a doping control. Stupid cunt. I mean how obvious is it that this the most tested event in world sport and you won't get away with it at the Tour any more?

Got caught on the 14th July, when he had no chance of winning or even getting in the top 3 making it twice as stupid.
And seeing his brother won 2010 after winner was thrown out he should have known better makes it triple stupid.

Plus 14 July was a flat stage stroll where they let the break go and rolled in at about 50% normal effort as they didn't need to race. Quadruple stupid. Fucking cretin.

Schleck rides for Radioshack, run by Johann Bruyneel. Why am I not surprised....

Plenty of rumours about Frank Schleck previously, but then most of the better known names get associated with doping (rightly or wrongly).

However...he certainly hasn't been riding like he's charged, lets see how this develops...

FRANK_logo_lrg_text.gif.jpeg

Ignoring Frank Schleck for a moment, I have been looking forward to today's stage since the route came out, but now it is here I am a bit non-plussed. It is 198k, with 2 HC climbs and 2 Category 1, but it finishes in Bagneres de Luchon after a descent. This suits Wiggins for sure, but the organisers should have been bastards and added in the climb from there to the ski resort at Super-Bagneres to make it that extra 15k long and with an HC mountain-top finish. That would really have sorted the men from the boys.

Ignoring Frank Schleck for a moment, I have been looking forward to today's stage since the route came out, but now it is here I am a bit non-plussed. It is 198k, with 2 HC climbs and 2 Category 1, but it finishes in Bagneres de Luchon after a descent. This suits Wiggins for sure, but the organisers should have been bastards and added in the climb from there to the ski resort at Super-Bagneres to make it that extra 15k long and with an HC mountain-top finish. That would really have sorted the men from the boys.

How far after the descent does it finish. If it finishes at the bottem of the mountain would suit Nibali.

Looks like straight down the Peyresourde and then about 10k of flat into Bagneres. Got Nibali written all over it, but he won't gain enough time to get past Wiggins. If the extra ascent was there, he could have escaped on the descent and tried to eke out enough time into Super-Bagneres.

~15km (from summit to finish)

I expect Nibali would try to get away early on the final climb and either maintain or extend any gap on the descent?

Will be make or break for him today but your right wont be enough with the last 10k on the flat.

Bottom of the last descent is 3.4k from the finish according to letour.fr

+1. Much as I want Wiggo to win, I don't want it to be just because Sky dominate the peloton and he's won a time trial. I know it's not that simple but that's the overall impression.

be interesting to see what happens with FSchleck and any fallout. You can't help recalling him and his bro have a decent record on the climbs with a now discredited Contador.....

I'm in meetings for the rest of the day now - gah

Awesome by Tommy Voeckler today. Looks like the podium is decided as well. Wiggins, Nibali and Froome have destroyed the rest of the favourites.

Back