• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 18/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably periods of playing as well as any game this season, but far from convincing.

All big ifs, buts and maybes, but IF we win this: do you give it to Davis until the WC and use those few weeks to scout a manager and appoint someone after a thorough search? Clear the players are playing for him currently.
No

All big ifs, buts and maybes, but IF we win this: do you give it to Davis until the WC and use those few weeks to scout a manager and appoint someone after a thorough search? Clear the players are playing for him currently.
Absolutely not.

He's a feel good story in a similar way to Elokobi, IMO. Stoked for the guy to have a moment in the limelight but I wouldn't bet my coffee that he's fit for purpose.

Commentary mentioned a tale that Steve Davis still goes down the pub after a match and dissects the match with the locals.

Reactions: b3h
Not bad tbf. Think we are inviting a bit too much pressure at times but miles better than Saturday. Great goal!

Traore just looks fitter now, I think we really risked him initially this season.

I love Nathan Collins
Collins has some proper young John Stones vibes at times, no wonder you love him, tendency to get himself into more trouble than he needs to through being overly confident on the ball. Think he's got more natural defensive instinct than Stones showed at that age though.

Lovely to see Neves and Kilman celebrate with him after that cross too

Collins has some proper young John Stones vibes at times, no wonder you love him, tendency to get himself into more trouble than he needs to through being overly confident on the ball. Think he's got more natural defensive instinct than Stones showed at that age though.
I think with how his limbs flail about he often looks in more trouble than he actually is. Plus Kilman has given him two shit passes.

Aerially like stones he’s fantastic. Would want us to make more of it attacking wise

Decent first half that. Neves doing a real captains job looking after young Hugo defensively, worried about New Traore now everytime he goes near a Palace player they drop very quickly and the crowd start roaring, can see ref giving a 2nd yellow for a soft free kick

Not been good enough off the ball and then done little with it. I’d be more comfortable with another destroyer in there and just let us break like we have done. We just don’t have one. Or just play him deeper so he’s not ahead of the ball all the time.
I'd have been looking to swap him for Campbell or Guedes if he didn't pick up early first half, moving Podence inside. Since Traore got booked though I'd probably have him as the one to make way instead and move Nunes deeper to accommodate the other changes further up.

You're going to be unbearable aren't you :ROFLMAO:
Ha!

I just hope we give him the support he will need as the game goes on (can see Jonny coming on for him soon too). He’s coped well so far but don’t want to let him get isolate with Olise too often

Best half of football we've played some this season?.
Cracking goal, should have had another, Neves unlucky.
Bit worried about Bouba on a yellow.

They had the ping in the opening few minutes but haven’t really created much after that?
Olise and Zaha have had good feet and been given a bit too much space initially at times, but other than that nothing.

We've defended well so far and looked dangerous when we do get forwards.

Best half of football we've played some this season?.
Cracking goal, should have had another, Neves unlucky.
Bit worried about Bouba on a yellow.

The build-up to the goal was lovely and like Wolves of old, but still plenty to improve on

Enjoyable game. Hope that first half performance gives them a confidence boost. Semedo and Bueno have been impressive so far. Hope we don`t sit back now because it will cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back