• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 18/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Adama's a bit lucky to draw the yellow there but hey, I'll take it.

Augh, so so close, Ruben.

Very good half for us. Played some really nice stuff at times, especially to beat the press. Goal was a beautiful move and it's a shame Neves couldn't have topped it off with that wonder strike.

Not bad tbf. Think we are inviting a bit too much pressure at times but miles better than Saturday. Great goal!

Traore just looks fitter now, I think we really risked him initially this season.

I love Nathan Collins

Zaha needs to fuck right off with trying to referee the game. Palace players falling over at the hint of a nearby fart and the ref giving them most things they plead for.

Reactions: b3h
Nunes a passenger so far.
Not been good enough off the ball and then done little with it. I’d be more comfortable with another destroyer in there and just let us break like we have done. We just don’t have one. Or just play him deeper so he’s not ahead of the ball all the time.

Ever so marginally better than Bruno Ball, just we actually served a decent cross for once.

Palace are a weird side.

He's being played out of position. Plain as day.
Don't get why he and Traore aren't swapped, seems like it would be more natural for both of them.

Solid half overall even if still definitely not firing on all cylinders. Really obvious that confidence is up after the win on Saturday, and it's doing a lot to paper over still-existing cracks.

I’m still trying to work out what he is. Done two very good things, the run from deep that led to Costa chance, and the ball to neves that led to his shot. Both ironically have come from him being deeper, not in the 10.

Coincidence?
Definitely agree with your first sentence, his Wolves highlights reel is pretty short so far.

Couple half chances from late runs into the box and the odd surging run. He's good at protecting the ball and wriggling out of tight spaces but think he lacks purpose so far.

All big ifs, buts and maybes, but IF we win this: do you give it to Davis until the WC and use those few weeks to scout a manager and appoint someone after a thorough search? Clear the players are playing for him currently.

Palace fans not happy but not entirely sure why. It’s a free kick and a late tackle on Adama. Plus Coote being the wanker he is doesn’t give us time for the corner. Great effort by Neves - that would have been lovely going in with a two goal cushion.

On the first half, our full backs have been excellent. Semedo is doing a great job staying so tight on Zaha and Hugo is performing admirably (plus, what a ball!). We’ll definitely see Moutinho for Boubacar probably sooner rather than later, what with the yellow card, but I have to say Boubacar should have the shirt from here on in - excellent performance from him.

Not a huge fan of the needless passes across the back line and then to Sa - and not a huge fan of the needless punts towards Podence’s head, but encouraging signs towards the end of that half and a cracking opening 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back