• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Meter reading looks right.

Should all be ok but heart stopped though when looking at the energy usage.
Best to check though.

So just to confirm, you're closing the North Shropshire cannabis farm?
Very short term business idea. Started at 6am and closed down at 7am the same day
To be sure I was not caught I then disconnected my house from the grid until midnight.

According to this article, we are all paying an extra £250 a year to the energy suppliers, the suppliers are paying an extra £250 to the energy providers and the energy providers pocket the lot.

I've said it before but there's a redistribution of wealth from the poor to the richest and the government stands to the side and lets it happen.

According to this article, we are all paying an extra £250 a year to the energy suppliers, the suppliers are paying an extra £250 to the energy providers and the energy providers pocket the lot.

I've said it before but there's a redistribution of wealth from the poor to the richest and the government stands to the side and lets it happen.

I've been saying this for ages.

It's obscene that these fuckers are profiteering and then have the gaul to tell us to reduce our energy consumption.

Just going through our electric usage on the Octopus app.

All good until we spotted a slight error.
By slight I mean we apparently used 21 weeks worth of energy at 6am a few weeks ago....no other electricity used that day. No surprise with that much used I guess.

Hoping that is just a glitch on the app but now chasing to ensure we are not billed for that.
Similar heart stopping moment here too!
Change suppliers 6 months ago, everything going fine... ish, but when I look back over the history and click 'graph' it shows that as we joined then quickly decreasing to an almost flat line, for the first two months we were billed €47,687. Fuck! That got my attention!

Seems those who use Diesel are being somewhat ripped off with the prices at the moment. Should be around 16p less than most stations are charging.

The decent one near us, which is generally a lot cheaper anyway because of how they operate, is currently priced at 134.9 for Diesel. Compared with £159.9 at our local Morrisons

Seems those who use Diesel are being somewhat ripped off with the prices at the moment. Should be around 16p less than most stations are charging.

The decent one near us, which is generally a lot cheaper anyway because of how they operate, is currently priced at 134.9 for Diesel. Compared with £159.9 at our local Morrisons
That Roberts at Grindley brook? They've been selling diesel cheaper than petrol for a while.

Stopped off at Grindley Brook on the way back from Chester at Christmas, similar sort of price to Blakenhall Services - both were blowing all the others out of the water at the time

The only issue with the place is its location and because of the prices it gets a lot of visitors and that means a lot of cars waiting on the main road and around the bend. A huge risk of the lorries taking your car away as they come round the bend as they don't give a fuck, so if you are not perfectly positioned then cheaper fuel requirement is replaced by the fact you need a new vehicle.

Last edited:
Kenny - here for your local news for local people

Happily do a pic and tag line change for that one

The only issue with the place is its location and because of the prices it gets a lot of visitors and that means a lot of cars waiting on the main road and around the bend. A huge risk of the lorries taking your car away as they come round the bend as they don't give a fuck, so if you are not perfect positioned cheaper fuel requirement is replaced by the fact you need a new vehicle.
Yeah Blakenhall is exactly the same, in an awful location for high volume traffic

Back