• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 1/4/17

Manga manages a block as Costa gets an opportunity to shoot in a good position - ball loops into the keepers arms, but without the block then who knows

Costa with a terrific flick on from a great ball from Marshall then Costa runs onto it and as the crowd rises and he's about to place it neatly and last second lunge blocks his shot and the ball is cleared....

With the amount of experience he as it shouldn't be a problem.

Edwards pulled back there and the whole Wolves bench up in arms and Warnock waving to Lambert telling him to just fuck off. Ref not interested in anything but a free kick.
(I made up that bit about Warnock, but it reads well...)

Edwards pulled back there and the whole Wolves bench up in arms and Warnock waving to Lambert telling him to just fuck off. Ref not interested in anything but a free kick.
(I made up that bit about Warnock, but it reads well...)

No that's probably what Warnock was doing - so not really made up

Cav, Costa & Marshall combine well - shot from Marshall, but over

Cardiff almost take the lead but the shot is wide...
Very fast, very open, and Batth made a decent clearance under pressure..

Now Costa has it, still has it running and jinking short stabbed pass to release Marshall who's shot is over...

With the amount of experience he as it shouldn't be a problem.

True but other positions ie strikers get plenty of slack when there not scoring after being out for a while. I just think he is a good shot stopper but is woeful at commanding
his area and seems a little small to be great aerially

Decent attacking move from Wolves and Cav seems to have had a shot, deflected wide to where a ghosting in Doherty tries to backheel it but that's blocked.
Nobody picked up Doherty...

Bamba gets a yellow as he chops down Cav who gets the ball from a Weimann flick on

Need to target him now as he really isn't the quickest CH at this level

Seems the whole Wolves team bar Weimann back defending...
Cardiff a massive set piece team, so we're trying to limit them.
Cav with a great flick on nearly releases Costa but Bamba fouls him and the ref says, that's enough of that you dirty little fuck, and books him.
Good.
Weimann was involved in that too.
Just read Parkin's post...

Seems the whole Wolves team bar Weimann back defending...
Cardiff a massive set piece team, so we're trying to limit them.
Cav with a great flick on nearly releases Costa but Bamba fouls him and the ref says, that's enough of that you dirty little fuck, and books him.
Good.
Weimann was involved in that too.
Just read Parkin's post...

Shows that neither of us are completely compos mentis Roy - action stays the same but the names change ;)

Again, everyone bar Weimann back defending our box.... Ball goes dead.

Marshall trying to feed the ball through to Costa instead of shooting himself from 16 yards out, but that was (a) the wrong decision and (b) blocked.

Batth with a second - who needs forwards

Marshall delivery was sublime

Danny Batth again, with a brilliant Marshall cross and Danny running in with the surest certainty that this was going in smacks it soundly and the big dope is on a hat trick.
Good support play from Evans releasing Marshall in the 1st place.

Shows that neither of us are completely compos mentis Roy - action stays the same but the names change ;)
If you would be good enough to send all your posts to me via pm before to you post them on the forum, I'd get ALL my shit right!

All Wolves players go to congratulate Marshall - was really his goal with the delivery as a fence post would have put that in (this is not a comparison of Batth to a fence post - though :whistle:)

Back